Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Bangs on 2 year old?

She pulls all the barrettes out. Will I regret cutting bangs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

janine is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Why, we've done bangs for sometime now (DD is almost 2.5), it's so cute and yup helps with the hair in face issue since I don't know many toddlers who don't pull barrette out.

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I didn't want bangs but we had to cut them for DD at about 1.5 or 2 years because she wouldn't keep clips or elastics in her hair. It was ok. I hated having to have them trimmed but they really helped with the hair in the face issue. However, we tried several times to grow them out without luck (she wouldn't keep barettes in) and are just now at the *almost* grown out stage 2+ years later. To me, that's the biggest issue with bangs--growing them out!!!
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Why would you regret cutting bangs?
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My DD1 had bangs from about a year old until she was 6 and then she finally said she wanted to grow them out. I think bangs are adorable on little girls. DD2 though doesn't have bangs because wanted her to look different than DD1.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

ckso is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Dd1 hated barrettes too and refused to let me put her hair up so she's had bangs since she was about 2. She's now 5 and still have them and still doesn't like anything on her hair

Trims are a pain because I like her bangs longer so it lays just above her eyebrows so I have to trim it pretty frequently when it starts hitting her eyes. I got pretty good at trimming her bangs myself

With DD2, she also resisted having anything in her hair but she refused to sit still for a bang trim. So I was persistent in putting her hair up and one day out of the blue she just let me. So maybe keep trying?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

DD3 had bangs at almost 2. Very cute. I did it because she just wouldn't keep anything in her hair. It did eventually grow out. Her hair is on the thinner side, so it wasn't a big deal as it was growing out. She just kept brushing them out of her eyes, and at some point started wearing her sisters' soft blingy hairbands :P
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

MamaInMarch is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I think they're super cute but didn't want the grow-out phase so I never cut them. DD proceeded to cut her own (she's 2.5) and I must admit, it looks like I had them done.

Before she cut them I had success with using the small clear rubber bands. She couldn't pull them out (it hurts!) and I would carefully cut them out with nail scissors so I didn't break her hair or pull.

tabegle is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I had a hard time making this decision too. I ended up cutting them as dd never let me put anything in her hair. I was glad I did. And, like others, had a hard time growing them out. It was a pain to get them trimmed every 6 weeks or so, but I managed to do it at home.

Then, I decided I wanted to grow them out. It took time, but it's all good. My only problem now is that one of her tantrums resulted in her pulling out her own hair so it's like I'm trying to grow whispy bangs out again.

queenmama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Agnes will be two in a few weeks and I took her for her first haircut last month. I almost shaved her hair, or at least cut it all off close to the head, because she pulls it out in the back when she's sleepy/nursing, so she has a massive bald patch. It wouldn't be so obvious if she didn't have so much hair elsewhere! My stylist convinced me to leave it, but we did cut bangs. She looks so adorable (from the front! )!

Lara
    Last edited by queenmama; 04-08-2014 at 05:29 PM.
    Mama to Henry (6/2000) and Agnes (4/2012)
    old school member of the BBB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast