Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I had to with my youngest or she would look like Cousin It. She will pull out clips and the tiny rubber bands (complete with chunks of hair).

My DD's hair grew in naturally with bangs. She just turned 2, and I just trimmed her bangs for the second time. I think she looks adorable! I don't cut them straight across, though. I cut them so that they sweep to the side (with her natural part) and get gradually longer around her face. I also, after trimming, cut into the bangs from the bottom to create a softer look. It's soft and pretty.

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I avoided bangs with DD because I knew I'd have to keep up with keeping them trimmed. To me, that seemed more annoying. They are cute though.
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

jent is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We did bangs at that age for the same reason-- wouldn't keep anything in her hair. However, I'm not that talented at haircutting and never liked how the bangs came out when I did them, so I'd have to take her in to get the bangs trimmed-- that adds up!

When she got a little older, she started liking pigtails and barrettes better, so the growing out phase wasn't TOO bad.
    Jen, mom to "Little Miss Tiny" 4/07

lmh2402 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

so far I've avoided cutting bangs - I use those tiny rubber bands and either put it half up or do pigtails. I've been using them for so long that she doesn't even seem to notice them and never pulls them out. However, if I add a bow or clip on top of the rubber band, than she'll yank on it.

I am sure bangs would look cute, but I really don't want to grow them out or have to work to keep them trimmed.
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

My 2 year old daughter didn't have bangs until my 4 year old "gave" her a haircut. It's cute but take a bit of maintenance. Every so often we take her to get a bang trim from a hair stylist to blend the bangs into her longer hair.

janine is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have a pair of hair scissors that I use to keep them trimmed between cuts. The first time though we had it done at the salon and after they were cut I was like Oh my goodness, toooooo cute with round faces.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My DD has had bangs since she was about 18 months old; I think they're adorable on her!

Of course, her hair is quite fine and pin-straight, but I don't think you will regret having bangs cut.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2