basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default How to help? Loss mentioned

A couple I know recently suffered the loss of one of their twins to still birth.

The other is doing well and is healthy.

I'm having trouble finding a way to celebrate the birth of the healthy twin without ignoring the memory of the one who didn't make it. And similarly not forgetting to celebrate the healthy baby while grieving the one that they lost.

I can't think of a greeting card that would be appropriate. I'm not that physically close to them to bring over a meal. I'm at a loss. Any ideas?

Ugh, this is hard. One of my very good friends had this happen except I only met her after they were born.

I'm not sure how to handle the card thing, my gut would be actually maybe 2 cards or a blank card that you can write in with a neutral picture on the front (butterfly, flowers, whatever).

As for gifts/etc. maybe some kind of keepsake or something, or a baby gift and donation in honor of the baby that died somewhere like Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep (organization of professional photographers that does pictures for families in the hospital), or something like that would be very very nice.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019