Default UPPABABY Cruz vs Vista

I keep going back and forth on these 2, I cannot make up my mind despite all the reading I have been doing. Just FYI we live in Scottsdale, AZ, we like to travel (flying), we like to go out to eat.. Here is my thinking and what I think after reading everything:

Vista:

Pros: Comes with bassinet, seems sturdier, easier breaks, bassinet actually fits on a stand
    Cons: Harder to fold, bar in middle of basket, bigger, wheel base is wider

Cruz:

Pros: lighter, easier to fold, wheels not as big/wide, lighter
    Cons: Break seems harder (the one I tested at buy buy baby is actually broken), bassinet purchased separately and doesn't fit on stand, doesnt recline as much, bar has to be purchased separately

Both strollers have these cons in my opinion: doesnt recline fully/ and /or legs stand bent 90 degrees, cup holder and tray bought separatly

I would like advice on this, whether I am correct on my thinking and which one seems better for out needs. I belive we would buy the bassinet for the cruz.

I don't know anything about the Cruz, but we have the Vista and love it! I didn't use the bassinet very much, but it is very nice. I can say though, that I can't imagine traveling with it. It is rather bulky to fold and handle folded.

ebp913 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

If you want the bassinet, I would get the Vista and then get a small travel stroller for flying or short trips like eating out. Then you get bigger wheels for walks and longer outings with the bassinet included and you still have a nice lightweight option for errands and travel.
    Wild life with 3 under 3... Growing up too fast

Remember that bassinet can only be used for a short period until baby outgrows it.

Also depends on terrain you'll be using this on. Im we heard Cruz doesn't do so well on certain sidewalks.

I got the Vista just because I wanted the good wheels and we plan to use the stroller on sidewalk and grass (we have lots of parks). I do love that both the Vista and Cruz has huge underbaskets.

I haven't used my vista since baby #2 isn't born yet. But my sister bought it since she knew I already BTDT and wished inhale gone with vista in the first place since I knew I always wanted at least 2 kids. She likes her stroller a lot though it takes a lot of trunk space. She got me the skateboard and rumble seat so we'll see how that works out for me.

teo is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

We have the Cruz (and actually were deciding between it and the Vista, which was on closeout for about the same price at the time). I think it really depends on how you'll use it. If you know you want the bassinet and you will use it mostly outside, get the Vista for sure. For more indoor/outdoor use, it depends a lot on what your neighborhood is like. We live in a mid-sized city and wanted to take the stroller into stores, restaurants, on transit, etc. on a regular basis, and the Vista was just too wide to do this easily (and heavier too). I still really like that aspect of the Cruz. It does not handle rough terrain as well as the Vista seems to, though (e.g., if you go over a big curb you have to pop it up on the rear wheels to get over, and it can't really handle deep gravel or trails even with the front wheels locked). For regular sidewalks it's been fine.

Brake on our Cruz have been fine--we've had to oil it with bike grease once or twice over the 2.5 years we've had the stroller but just followed UB's instructions on that (super easy--put a drop in and then move it back and forth a couple of times to work it in) and it made the brake move seamlessly. (My toddler can operate it with no trouble, though I'm not sure that's exactly a plus! The recline positions on the Vista and Cruz are identical, and the 180-degree recline is essentially a full recline (though the legs do stay at the angle b/c of the bucket seat--luckily my child has never minded!) The Cruz bassinet does fit on a stand that Uppababy sells (same stand as for Vista but they send adapters for the smaller Cruz bassinet). But honestly once you buy the bassinet and the bar, you're approaching the Vista price anyway, so then the only reason to go with the Cruz is that the Vista is just too big/heavy for your needs. Also, you can't add a second seat to the Cruz if that might matter in the future. (It does have a rider board but I'm a bit skeptical on whether it will really work decently on a smaller stroller.) We got ours before the bassinet was available, but used it with the SnugSeat, which is great for very young babies and makes the seat basically flat on the full recline. We also have an umbrella stroller that we fly with--the Cruz is lighter than the Vista, but it's still not a lightweight/small stroller so I wouldn't want to carry it very far.

Hope that helps!

Default UPPABABY Cruz vs Vista

Loved our Vista. Barely used bassinet. Traveled with it to Legoland and Maui. But generally use the awesome Inglesina Zippy as an amazing travel stroller. That thing is a workhouse and easiest thing to travel with. Vista is great for long walks. I did pack it with me everywhere and it fit, just barely, behind the third row in my car. We used it with three kids at the same time, the regular seat, rumble seat and board!

I also love my vista. I got it thinking I was going to use the bassinet all the time, but I rarely used it. I'd still choose the vista I a heartbeat over the cruise. The one stroller I do wish I could have considered was the versa, but it wasn't out when I bought my stroller so I don't know which one I would have chosen. From here it seems like people either love or hate the versa - no in between.