KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default how to get out dry erase marker ink from clothing?

Apparently DS2 uses this at school sometimes and he is not the neatest child. A couple of his school polos have ink on them and they are expensive to replace. Anyone have any tips for removal of the ink?
    K

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have had success in the past using hairspray, rubbing alcohol, Carbona Ink & Crayon formula (I have purchased mine for $1.88/container at various Super Walmarts...YMMV), and Oxiclean. Ohhh...and you could also try one of the Goo Gone solutions from the a Dollar Spot in Target (LOVE the Wine formula). Not all together.n I would try the hairspray or blotting with rubbing alcohol first...most accessible. Good luck!!
    Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

Murphy's oil soap. Yup, strange suggestion but totally works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Susan

Thatcher Bennett 9/01
    Ava Grace 9/07

jillmk is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

The expo marker website used to recommend Amodex, so that is what we use. If the ink is light it comes out really easily. For really heavy dry erase stains it can be time consuming but I can usually get the stain to lighten considerably. I did not have luck with other stain removers!

Thanks for the tips. I have an awful track record with dry erase marker removal!

thank you!!!! a shirt came home yesterday with dry erase on the back (so some other kid got it on my kid...she was all "i had a RED marker!" the mark was black ) of a shirt she was wearing for the first time. i was so bummed!!! murphys has lightened it considerably, and i have high hopes for it coming out ! at the very least it's barely noticeable now-- love this board!