Default Help with pumps/heels

I've never really worn heels and have had a terrible time lately trying to find some that fit properly. I bought this dress from Boden and the only shoes I have right now that would match are much too strappy for the dress. I feel that it needs a more substantial shoe to balance it out. My feet are pretty narrow at the heel but really wide and flat towards my toes. I also have really short toes. My normal size is a 7.5 in most shoes and 8 in running shoes. All of the 7.5 I have tried slip off of my heel but don't squish my toes, while the 7 doesn't slip but kills my toes. Does anyone have any advice? I bought some size 7 Me Too pumps that I thought were going to work, but as I wore them around the house vacuuming my toes started to go numb. I went back and exchanged them for a 7.5 Nine West heel and bought an insert for heels, and while my heel didn't slip as much, it was still slipping a bit. I think I've tried on at least 50 pairs of shoes over the past 2 weeks and I'm getting desperate. Any advice? TIA!

Have you tried a heel with ankle strap?

They still slip a bit, but not as much. Maybe I should take the inserts with me and try again.

Sounds like you have a narrow heel, my sister does as well. She's always used moleskin in the back of her shoes to help take up the place but has not had much success with heels. She had to wear them in a wedding and used 3m double sided tape so they didn't flip flop down the aisle!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Yes, take the inserts and see if they help with an ankle strap. The only other things is wondering if you tried any Cole Haan pumps? It could just be me, but I feel like CH runs narrower than other brands and since you aren't a true narrow for shoe size, a regular in that brand might work for you.

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have the narrow heel problem too, plus a little bit of asymmetry between my feet. The only things that really help are ankle straps/mary jane/tstrap styles, or shoes with a little elastic in the heel, which is easier to find in flats.

Cole Haan has these, but they are pretty low, and I'm not sure how high of a heel you're looking for: http://www.zappos.com/cole-haan-air-...er-blue-patent

I like those!!!!! Hoping I can find them cheaper. Thank you!

I found some Me Too pumps but they were quite short and a bit "old lady" looking. At $23 though, I might go back and get them. I ended up with a pair of peep toe sling backs that aren't too tall and were only $27.