Thread: Boden sizing?

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Boden sizing?

How is the sizing for shirts and tunics from boden? For reference, I am petite (106 lbs., 5'2", and 32C/34B bra). I normally wear an XS in tops from kohls, old navy, and target, sometimes a size S will work.

Quote Originally Posted by ang79 View Post
    How is the sizing for shirts and tunics from boden? For reference, I am petite (106 lbs., 5'2", and 32C/34B bra). I normally wear an XS in tops from kohls, old navy, and target, sometimes a size S will work.
    I really rely on the reviews and the measurements they provide. Reviewers tend to cite their height/weight and that is so helpful! I feel like generally shirts run short (have seen others mention that too) but I'm 5'7" so maybe you won't have that issue.

They run smaller than the stores here.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

So what size should I be in Boden sizing? 4? Or 6 if they run small?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I'm a size XS or S and usually get a size US 6 (10 UK) in Boden. I'm flat chested but have broader shoulders so I need the 6 otherwise it's too tight at the shoulders. If it's a sleeveless top, I need to size down to a 4 and occasionally a 2. Boden lists garment measurements so between those and the reviews I can usually figure out what size I need.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I think you sound like a 4. I wear 4 and I'm taller/heavier than you (although flatter chested, 32A). I'm 5'6", 115 lbs and wear 4 in most things, 2 in dresses, XS or S in most other brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

for Sandy Hook

You can enter in the sizes that you wear in other clothing brands and boden will suggest a size for you. I used that tool when I placed my first order last month and I was happy with the fit of everything.

Agree with others - unless you have a specific issue with fit (bust/hips/etc) generally runs about a size bigger. I usually get an 8 in Boden (and what the "fit predictor" suggests) and it usually works. I'm a 6 in most other brands.

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

I'm narrow shoulder small chest and my closet is evenly split between size6/small and size8/medium depending on the cut and style. Boden tunics are a size 8 for me so I think they run on the small side, but not by a ton.

lyt202 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I think the Boden blouses run larger than their t-shirts. I would guess you are a 2 in button downs and woven tops and a 4 in t-shirts.