Hi everyone! We have been matched with a lovely set of birth parents a 10-hour drive and several states away, in an open domestic infant adoption plan. The baby is due in July! Luckily that gives us some time to plan.

We have some truly wonderful friends who have a 9 month old and a 3 year old, and have offered us so many hand-me-downs. We are so fortunate! Among these is a rock and play.

Given that we will have to spend 10-14 days away from home in a hotel with a newborn, and that we have told our friends and family to please hold off on a shower until we return home, we are riding that thin line. On the one side, buying too many things - on the other, being stuck far from home without enough.

I had originally thought we should get a pack and play for the hotel. It seemed like a good plan for the temporary time, with a proper crib waiting at home. But some people extol the virtues of the rock and play, and I am wondering if anyone has opinions to share on the subject.

Basically: is the rock and play enough? Will it get this new baby through a couple weeks until we can get home to the complete nursery? Or should we suck it up and get a pack and play with all of the bells and whistles (chiefly the infant sleeper and changing area) to make sure we are set?

Thanks!