Thread: Taller cribs?

Default Taller cribs?

Does anyone have a suggestion for any cribs that are taller in general than any others? I have a bad back, so even when the mattress is set at the highest setting (for infants), I have to bend over/reach down too much for comfort. I kinda wish all the cribs in the store were up on stilts! They all seem to be about the same height. Are there any brands where the entire crib is elevated at bit more?

Default Taller cribs?

I don't have an answer for you. I'm still using my drop side crib, because I couldn't manage it without the drop side. We check the mechanism regularly to make sure it's in good repair. I had decided, though, that if I had to fix the crib side I would make or buy myself a wide step the length of the crib (nice and deep, too) so I would be taller but much more stable than using a step stool.

ETA: NEVERMIND! I see you don't want to bend! The only cribs I've seen that will work for this are medical cribs. They are expensive and not very attractive. I'll see if I can find some links.
    Last edited by 123LuckyMom; 04-21-2014 at 07:17 PM.

What about doing something like this:

http://m.instructables.com/id/Modifi...th-Disability/

It's adapting a crib to create a sliding door crib. I know you can buy sliding door cribs, too. If you lowered the height of the legs, you could kneel to put the baby in without bending, or even use a chair on casters or a wheelchair. I would be afraid that raising the crib up would make it unstable.

Staraglimmer is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

Baby's dream has a safety gate that folds down (not a drop side). I LOVE mine.

-Stephanie-
    mommy to DD1 4/08 &DD2 6/12
    Stephanie

Mommy to two little girls,
    April 2008
    June 2012

and a baby boy
    Oct 2018