Default Ju-ju-be bag question

When do they discontinue their current prints and introduce new ones? When they do this, do their soon-to-be-DCed print bags ever go on clearance anywhere?

I've been using a SkipHop Studio since my 2.5 year old was born and it's an awesome bag, but it has to be replaced. I'm set on JJB because they're good bags that are washable. I have found that washability is a must due to my husband's habit of spilling things inside of it. My Studio has been washed three times - I know that's not recommended, but the sour milk smell wouldn't come out any other way. It's lost some of its structural integrity and now there's a huge splotch of something on the outer bottle pocket from ice pack leakage

And I'm set on the BFF because we take a lot of day trips, meaning we pack extra toys, snacks, etc. And my H's Kindle. I want the backpack option too.
    Mom to a beautiful girl since 9-2-2011

ebp913 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I don't know the exact answer but I will say that in the last year or so, it seems that they do a print release and sell those bags til they sell out and that's mostly it. Some bags are made repeatedly in the same prints but generally speaking, if you find a bag you love in a print you must have, I would buy it. JJB often sells out on their website but you can find the print from other retailers or eBay.

Their stuff rarely goes on sale and if you want to buy new, your best bet may be BuyBuyBaby with a 20% off coupon. Even the older prints rarely go on sale unless it's a specific one they are having a hard time selling.
    Wild life with 3 under 3... Growing up too fast

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I owned a few JJBs through the years and don't remember ever seeing them on sale.

You have to watch deal of the day sites. Zulilly and Woot just had old prints for around $50. It is rare but it happens. Some sites mark down a little. You also can try on FB, there is a JJB Swap group- sometimes you can find a deal and sometimes the discontinued prints go tremendously high!
    All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
    ~Abraham Lincoln~