Default Drying work clothes

I have a whole bunch of new clothes now that I'm working again and I need help taking care of them! We're staying at my ILs for another month and their dryer only works on high heat right now. I've been air drying my work clothes... I'm thinking a drying rack or clothesline would help? I've been laying sweaters on towels on the floor and hanging up pants, shirts, etc. until they dry. When we move in to our rental, and have a better dryer again, should I dry sweaters, pants, etc. on low or just keep air drying? I'd like to prolong their shape and fit for as long as possible.

Nothing is dry clean... well, at least nothing I'm referring to here.
    DD - 12/07
    DS - 1/11

BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I would get a drying rack. Should make things a little easier. I find things keep their shape better when laying flat to dry.

Any of my stuff that doesn't say specifically "lay flat to dry," which is usually sweaters, gets dried on low. I haven't noticed an issue with this. I don't wash my work clothes after every wearing, though.
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

except for sweaters I usually dry on a hanger (unless it will stretch)
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

ckso is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I used to wash and dry my work clothes in those mesh looking laundry bags. They work great in keeping them from stretching and snagging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Costco and Ikea have pretty big drying racks. I don't know if costco always has them in store, but my mom's is from there and very nice. I air dry a LOT of our clothing.

Sweaters I dry flat on a towel on a drying rack. I handwash a lot of mine (merino, cashmere) with euclan, roll up in a towel to blot water out, and then air dry on a dry towel. I do 5-6 sweaters at a time (similar colors) in the wash tub or bathtub, so doing it periodically isn't that bad IMO. I use a clothesline some too, but use my drying rack as it is more convenient for me.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

iaam is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by BDKmom View Post
    Any of my stuff that doesn't say specifically "lay flat to dry," which is usually sweaters, gets dried on low. I haven't noticed an issue with this. I don't wash my work clothes after every wearing, though.
    This is how I do it too, no problems so far.

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I've had luck using those slim velvet hangers for drying lighter things, even ones that seem like they might stretch a bit. But, I only do that if it says lay flat to dry. If it can go in the dryer, it does (on low). I try not to buy line-dry items, but they are so prevalent now.