Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

You can get a wax "burner" (it doesn't heat above skin temp) and add drops of essential oils to the wax. I do that when the blocks run out of scent and actually prefer it to the Scentsy scents. There are bunches of natural wax blocks on etsy. Natural candles on etsy too.

1 part vodka + 2-3 parts water + essential oils in a mist bottle is a sort of homemade Febreze. It works really well. You can do something similar in a reed dispenser, but I think that's straight vodka. My cats try to eat the sticks, so I can't use those.

Simmering water + lemon + rosemary + vanilla smells like Williams-Sonoma stores. Works in a crock pot too if you're absent-minded like me and don't want to boil the pot dry. I have a tiny dipper crock that came free with another.
    Last edited by BunnyBee; 05-01-2014 at 08:32 PM.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Love these suggestions. I'll have to see what I can come up with. I think I can definitely do spices and citrus in a crock pot. I don't have a wax warmer but I'm open to it. I like the idea of a mist bottle. And I seriously like the looks of those odor neutralizers!

Don't forget vinegar. Swiping the fridge with vinegar would get rid of the yucky Green bean odor. Leaving a dish of vinegar out while cooking will absorb cooking odors. The spices simmering on the stove do smell great, but they won't remove a bad scent, just add a nice one. Vinegar removes the odor and leaves no odor behind.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Essential oils! You can buy a diffuser, which spreads the scent via a mist, kind of like a humidifier. You can dilute some in a bottle with some water and vodka, and spray it. I like to use it in my cleaning products, so it smells nice, whlie cleaning. For freshening up a house, I prefer citrus scents, esp lemon and orange. It's also very economical, a small bottle of essential oils goes pretty far, vs having to buy commercial scent products. You can buy a glass container of lemon or orange aura cacia essential oil for cheap on vitacost.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

wifecat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I diffuse essential oils - often lavender.
    Mama to miracles, dd (3/09), ds (12/10), dd (8/14)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2