wifecat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Cloth for my Restash

I used mostly sized Knickernappies pockets + loopy do inserts and sized BG AIOs for dd (loved both), and ds got some Flip dipes (didn't love) and 'sposies. I'm trying cloth again this go round, but I've totally de-stashed and need to buy new dipes. I've picked up 3 Rumparooz one-sized pockets so far, and my plan is probably to do a combo of cloth and 'sposies (cloth during the day, 'sposies at night). Which other dipes should I check out? I'd love to be more cost-conscious this time - with dd I had a crazy large newborn stash (that basically saw no use), a ton of dipes I tried (Fuzzy Bunz, Blueberry, covers and prefolds, fancier ones...I don't even know any more. I had diaper issues).

So, simple pockets or all in ones that you like, or other easy recommendations?
    Mama to miracles, dd (3/09), ds (12/10), dd (8/14)

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I loved the Tots Bots Tini Fit for the newborn stage, but the one sized ones are not as absorbent as we need (DD is a heavy wetter). Blueberry pockets are what work best for her, I love them. I prefer pockets or AI2's over AIO's because they dry much faster and I can just add an extra insert for nighttime. For DS (in 2008-2009) I used Bum Genius and Happy Heinny's but they don't fit DD as well. I've tried several this time around, but I keep reaching for the Blueberries every time, they work the best for her.
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

jennilynn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Can you borrow or rent for the newborn stage? I got some Kissaluvs fitteds and prefolds on Freecycle which I used for the first few weeks. Now we mostly use Alvas, which are cheap (like $5 each) and get mixed reviews but work really well for us. I double stuff for nighttime.
    Slightly crunchy mama to three awesome monkeys

wifecat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I grow pretty giant babies (ds was 9lbs 8oz) so they fit in OS pretty quickly after birth! My neighbor heard me talking about cloth diapers and she asked if I still had a stash from dc1 and dc2. I told her I'd gotten rid of them all and was rebuilding my stash, and she said, "We used Bum Genius 4.0s for the boys. Do you want them?" I said sure, and figured she must just have a few. She brought over a GIANT tub full of about 70 BG 4.0s! They are in awesome shape and I am SET for cd'ing! So, so awesome.
    Mama to miracles, dd (3/09), ds (12/10), dd (8/14)

I did not like Flips but love BumGenius. The Flips are much wider through the crotch or something. I used BG from about 10 lbs, and they're super easy. I had a fab fluff collection with my older kids but don't have the energy now. I did not like the aplix/Velcro closure--those were useless after only 6 months.