Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15
    niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by gcc2k View Post
    I am very interested in starting IF. But I'm still nursing. DS2 is almost 14 months, and still nurses 4 times a day: in the morning, before both naps, and before bed. When he drops his morning naps in the next few months I'll drop that feeding. I'm willing to nurse for a while, but I'm wondering if I need to wait until he's weaned before I start this.
    I would wait. I'd hate for DS to wean because of 5:2 diet before I was emotionally ready for him to wean. So, I'd wait until the time was right.

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm trying to decide on my second fast day of the week and I want to see what you guys think about this idea. I have an upcoming 4.5 hour drive by myself. What would you think about fasting on that day? I generally feel very alert on fast days and I could take herbal tea and water with me. Another consideration is I'll be meeting up with some people at the end of the drive and we'll be going out to dinner. Thoughts? Would you use fast that day or not?

ETA: Crud! I just looked at the menu of the restaurant we'll be going to and it looks absolutely divine! I might see about fasting on the return trip, though, so original question still stands, with the exception of the girls' night at restaurant at the end of the day.
    Last edited by kristenk; 07-14-2014 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kristenk View Post
    I'm trying to decide on my second fast day of the week and I want to see what you guys think about this idea. I have an upcoming 4.5 hour drive by myself. What would you think about fasting on that day? I generally feel very alert on fast days and I could take herbal tea and water with me. Another consideration is I'll be meeting up with some people at the end of the drive and we'll be going out to dinner. Thoughts? Would you use fast that day or not?

ETA: Crud! I just looked at the menu of the restaurant we'll be going to and it looks absolutely divine! I might see about fasting on the return trip, though, so original question still stands, with the exception of the girls' night at restaurant at the end of the day.
    I could do the drive. You could see how you go. Do you eat throughout day on fast days or go all day? I'd take a protein bar - we eat quest bars, 160 calories and 20g protein. If you feel you need to eat more, you could pull over to do so, then fast another day or just do 1 fast day for that week. You could also eat more before you leave, and then the fast part of the day would be when you're at home.

Mermanaid is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Could you start your fast mid-day on the day before you leave? That could give you 36 hours or so of fast and still eat dinner with your friends. If you are alert on fast days I wouldn't worry about the drive.
    Jenn

My loves:
    DD 11/2004
    DS 6/2007

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Mermanaid View Post
    Could you start your fast mid-day on the day before you leave? That could give you 36 hours or so of fast and still eat dinner with your friends. If you are alert on fast days I wouldn't worry about the drive.
    Ohhhhhh, I like this idea. But starting mid-day confuses me. How exactly would you do it? When would I stop eating and what would my calorie totals be for those days? I don't know why this always confuses me when I think about it, but it does.

Nicci, I usually eat something around 2:30 or 3:30 on fast days. Today was an apple and a little bit of peanut butter. Often, it's a Kind bar.

Mermanaid is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

What time are you meeting friends for dinner? If it were me, I would eat what I wanted until noon the day before I leave. I would fast the remainder of the day (which could be hard) and then have your regular fast day calories early in the day you leave. If dinner is at 6p you should have 30 hours of fasting. It is not a perfect plan but a way for you to accomplish the fast and a yummy dinner.
    Jenn

My loves:
    DD 11/2004
    DS 6/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Mermanaid View Post
    What time are you meeting friends for dinner? If it were me, I would eat what I wanted until noon the day before I leave. I would fast the remainder of the day (which could be hard) and then have your regular fast day calories early in the day you leave. If dinner is at 6p you should have 30 hours of fasting. It is not a perfect plan but a way for you to accomplish the fast and a yummy dinner.
    This is a great idea and why I'm finding the 5:2 diet to be easy to work with - it's flexible and you can change things up to suit your life.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    This is a great idea and why I'm finding the 5:2 diet to be easy to work with - it's flexible and you can change things up to suit your life.
    Yup, I am losing wt very slowly, but I am losing (and keeping it off). It is very flexible, I work it around social gatherings, which was a big issue when I did whole30 and basically couldn't at anything at social gatherings.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

melrose7 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I am loving this diet as a way to change my eating habits and hopefully lose that last 15lbs. This is something I can stick to because it allows me "free days" and I don't have to say the whole week is shot because I ate 3 cookies on Tuesday. It is flexible and you do feel fuller on nonfast days which makes it easier. I need to start running with the diet to increase my weight loss but as long as the numbers go down I am happy. The Facebook page is called 5:2 fasting (in America)

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15