Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Update on FastDiet (intermittent fasting)

this is my 6th week on this diet and I am really really pleased with it. I have lost about 5 or 6 lbs, which doesn't sound terribly dramatic but these are "those last 10 lbs" that are so hard to lose. PLUS I am on my third month of a new SSRI which was causing steady weight gain. So I am very pleased with these results. As far as diets go, this has got to be the easiest plan IN the world to follow and stick with it. monday and thursday are my low cal days (500 or less). I do not dread these days, often I feel happy to give my body a rest. After the first 2 weeks, I have actually found it easy to just save all my calories until dinner. I have no problem going all day without eating (I still have my coffee with 1 tbls low cal creamer) then eat a fairly normal dinner and am pretty satisfied. During this diet we have had Easter, two family birthdays (one costco cake that DH I kept eating and eating) and some school events. I have eaten out, grabbed fast food, etc (so no limits on non fast days). Also, you can pick any days to "fast" so I avoid girls' night, date night, parties, weekends, etc. Honestly, it's like a dream of a diet. even if I get an irresistible craving, I just remind myself I can have it tomorrow. There is no guilt because I haven't cheated ever. I can do anything for one day, YKWIM? I feel in control and as A result it is easier to make healthier choices on other days as well. I love this.

http://www.amazon.com/Fast-Diet-inte...words=fastdiet

ray7694 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

How many calories do you get the other days?

Quote Originally Posted by ray7694 View Post
    How many calories do you get the other days?
    You don't count or limit on the other days. I eat pretty much whatever I want with just the normal amount of discretion because I do have a health conscience. ;-)

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Good job!

I've never heard of this. I've never tried a 'diet' other than cutting back on what I eat and exercising more. I wonder if I could do this one.
    Kris

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Very interesting. I am not sure I could do the 500 or less 2x/week though, at least going all day and only eating dinner. But I kind of want to try now! Are you exercising too? Do you just skip the exercise on those days?
    Congrats on the weight loss!
    DD
    DS

okinawama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Do you work out on the low cal days or the days when you're eating a large chunk of your calories at dinner?

I don't work out right now....haven't since DS. (horrible, I know.) But when i was in a good workout routine I prefer working out before breakfast anyway, so I am not sure it would really be a problem. I actually find when I am super busy and active it is even easier to skip food, and don't find myself low on energy these days at all. I don't think the book recommends saving all calories for dinner, it has just become easy for me. FOr the first couple weeks on my low cal days I would eat two eggs, coffee with 1 tbls low cal creamer for breakfast and then a big salad with some chicken and fruit for dinner. Other things I have done is soup, cup of yogurt, small steak. A cup of chili at wendys is 180...(small size) and large is not too bad either. I keep some frozen treats, some low cal hot dogs and some sugar free jello just incase I need it. This is also the only time I indulge in a diet coke.

The book includes many examples of studies proving the health benefits of short term fasting, which I found very interesting!

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Melaine, do you have a good link that you can recommend, that explains how this works? I'm starting a new job soon, and don't have time to read the book. Thanks, btw, I'm happy that it is working well for you!
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The amazon reviews have some good explanations of the plan. I am waiting for it from the library but started today with the fast. I am probably about 100 calories over today because I miscounted something. But I did my normal workout this morning which is 90 minutes and according to my heart rate monitor burns over 600 calories. It hasn't been horrible but I was hungry midday. I do better skipping breakfast and waiting as long as possible to eat. I had a banana and a 90 cal yogurt at lunch and then for dinner 3 aidells chicken meatballs with about 2 TBSP of homemade tomato sauce, a tiny piece of a baguette with a smear of butter, and some cut up strawberry pieces. I drank a bunch of crystal light as well. I'm not starving now and knowing I can eat tomorrow is helping! I would really like to lose 20 lbs so we will see!
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast