Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    KDsMommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I did this last year and lost about 30lbs. I love it! I'm pregnant now so obviously can't fast, but I will definitely do it again when I'm done BF'ing.
    Christie
    DS '07
    DSS '09
    DSS '12
    DD1 9/21/14

melwe is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Thanks for posting. I tried a fasting day today. I'll need to check my calories, but I think I did pretty well today. I think it will work well on my super busy work days. I ate a smaller portion breakfast, small cup of soup for lunch, and snacked on apple slices thought the afternoon/evening.

Any idea on how easy it is to gain weight back? I would guess it's like any other "diet."
    Melanie

DD 12/06
    DS 9/2011

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

melwe- when you reach your "goal" you are supposed to go down to 1 fast day a week. If you start gaining, go back to 2. So you never go back to normal eating 7 days a week....
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I will look for a link that details the plan.

In the book one of the author's moved from two days of fasting to one for maintanence mode. But I honestly think this is something I wouldn't mind continuing, particularly from a health standpoint. giving your body a rest from eating is supposed to help your cells repair or something like that.

I did forget to mention that the fast days should begin the evening before, so you aren't supposed to have any crazy desserts or snacking after dinner that night. i haven't been terribly careful about that but I at least try to wrap up the eating by 8pm.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I was searching and found this site: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/how-to-do-the-diet/. Does that look about right?
    Kris

There was a program about this diet last year on PBS. It was very interesting. DH and I tried it for a while, but due to his diabetes he just couldn't do it. I have about 5 lbs that I would love to get off, so I might give it another go.

daisysmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I am going to give this a try. I read the Amazon reviews last night and they did pretty much outline how simple the plan is. I need to do something... I am having a tough time at 45 years old losing the 5 lbs that I gained over the holidays. I find that unless I truly cut out 95% of sugars and starchy carbs, I can't lose weight. And for some reason, while I have done it before, I cannot seem to cut down the sugars and starchy carbs this time - emotional eating is my problem. I think I am squarely in peri-menapause and ALL of my friends IRL who have gone through menapause have advised me to lose the weight now as it is REALLY hard to lose it later in the 40s. So I think I am giving this a go. Maybe we should start a little group amongst us to compare notes on Fast days? (I am going to do it today, but would like to do Mon and Thurs - as those appear to be very popular based on the Amazon reviews).

amm40 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I tried, but the fasting triggered a migraine attack around lunchtime. Anyone know if there is a way to make this work with migraine?
    DS1 8/08
    DS2 8/11

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

daisysmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I skimmed the book this morning and it is a very quick read - so am not going to buy it. I started the program today and had coffee, some smoked salmon and an egg for breakfast. Used MFP though logging it in and (admitting to the cream in my coffee and the coconut oil for making the egg), as well as a cup of Miso soup for lunch, and I have used 322 calories. When I do this again on Thurs, I think I am going to try to skip lunch. I looked through the website above too, found a few good threads for newbies. The general consensus seems to be 500 calories on your fast day from when you wake up and when you go to bed, and some split it up throughout the day and others try to not eat until tea time or dinner. Melaine, thanks for starting this - you totally posted it at just the right time for me and I appreciate it!

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast