Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Kris, thanks for the link, looking at it now.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

KDsMommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Here is a link to a very well-done BBC documentary with Michael Mosley regarding the benefits of intermittant fasting: http://documentaryheaven.com/eat-fast-and-live-longer/

It's almost an hour long, but extremely informative.
    Christie
    DS '07
    DSS '09
    DSS '12
    DD1 9/21/14

For those of you who have tried this how quickly did you start losing weight? Did you change your diet on non-fast days?
    I'm trying it today and wondering how quickly results start which would help me stick to it. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by KDsMommy View Post
    Here is a link to a very well-done BBC documentary with Michael Mosley regarding the benefits of intermittant fasting: http://documentaryheaven.com/eat-fast-and-live-longer/

It's almost an hour long, but extremely informative.
    THIS! This is what I saw on PBS. Fantastic.

daisysmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I watched that - it is incredibly well done. I will say that part of me is always jealous though, as men seem to lose faster (and sometimes I think those that do have dreadful eating habits before). But all we can do is try, right? Those that have less to lose and who already eat healthy 85% of the time will have a slower loss (i guess).

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I watched the documentary today and really liked it. So is 2/5 the typical fasting day ratio? I feel like it's doable (compared to the 4 day fast he did at the beginning of the documentary, I would not want to do that, lol), esp on days where I work, I don't have to take a lunch break, lol.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I posted this before but here is the transcript to a show Diane Rehm did on NPR w/ the books author & some others. She lost 20+ pounds by fasting & on the show admits she cheats by having 2 glasses of champagne w/ dinner on fasting days (love her!) but she still lost weight.
    http://thedianerehmshow.org/shows/20...g-0/transcript

daisysmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I started yesterday and fasted. It was nit as hard as I thought it would be. I had and egg and piece of sausage and coffee for breakfast, miso soup for lunch, and lots of veggies snd chicken for dinner. I was not hungry after dinner at all. Tough time was from 3-5 or so. I drank a lot if crystal light. I am doing to tomorrow and then getting on am on - thurs routine.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

For those of you home with kids, how do you explain your fasting days? I'm a sahm and I always sit down for meals with my kids. My 4yo would ask a gazillion questions if I didn't eat or ate something significantly different. A simple "I'm not very hungry" wouldn't satisfy him.

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My kids didn't really question me Monday- we only eat dinner together as a family and I had some of dinner. Today is fast #2 and I have a tennis class tonight so we wouldn't eat together anyhow. DD2 eats lunch with me every day but we don't eat the same stuff and she generally wouldn't notice.
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast