Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    baymom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'm so excited about this!! I actually have two coworkers who did IF very successfully last year and are now do just one day a week. Another coworker and I started this week. I haven't watched the link yet (want to watch with DH) but just got the book.

So, my first fast day was Wednesday and I did get hungry, but it wasn't terrible. It's reassuring to know you can eat whatever you want the next day! But, I spread my calories out and now I read in the book, it's best if you don't. I was planning to do Wednesday and Mondays. But, may switch to Mon and Thurs. I'm assuming that as long as you do two days a week, it's okay to switch the days once in a while? This tread (thank you, OP!) and the Amazon reviews have been very inspiring!

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Starting week 2 with fast today. Will weigh in tomorrow morning and see how it's gone!
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

daisysmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I am also on week 2 fast today too. I dropped 3 lbs last week (weighing at my low... bet I bounced up wiht some pizza and icecream this weekend). Today I had 2 small hardboile eggs this morning and am having miso soup now. Basically I try to have a smallish/protein and veggie only dinner. I will do it M and W this week b/c I have a party to go to Thurs. night. Next week doing T and Th b/c want to do Memorial Day picnic. Am happy with this flexability!

Nfowife--good luck!! I just started last week, too. Today is my first fast day of the week and so far, so good. I had the tiniest serving of granola with a splash of milk for breakfast, for 200 calories. I splurged so much over the weekend, it feels good (so far!) to fast today. Anyone else fasting today?

Daisysmom--wow! Congrats on your awesome results so far!! I started late in the week, last week. So even though it's technically my second week on IF, I only fasted one day last week. It's my second fast day, today. I'm most excited about getting DH to read the book with me and wanting to try this, too. I think it'll be a lot easier and more fun if we are both doing it together. Plus, having BBB friends to keep me motivated, too!

I weighed myself Friday morning after the 2nd day of fasting and I was down almost 4 lbs. But then was back up 1.5 over the weekend when not fasting. So I will see what the scale says tomorrow when it's officially been a week between weigh-ins. Even 2 lbs. would be great and awesome!
    Go daisysmom!

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Cool! Fun to have so many joining in. The social aspect is what I miss from MVP even though this is so much easier. Today is my fast day, so just my 2 tbls of creamer for 30 calories so far. Getting a little hungry but probably my main issue is haven't had enough water. I am wondering if fasting could be helping my period.....this is the least crampy I have been in a very long time for the first couple days of AF. Maybe a fluke though.

Down 3.2 in week 1! Yesterday was a hard day for fasting. I don't know if it was from doing a longer workout in the morning, but by the evening I was HUNGRY. Made it, but the thought crossed my mind to just eat something for sure!
    My AF was also last week (started Thursday, fast day #2) and it has definitely been shorter and lighter this time.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I don't know if I have ever gone through several days of AF without tons of ibuprophen, and I have't taken one dose. I can't think of anything else that has been different other than fasting. If this helps, that would be awesome!

This is week 2 for me and AF this week. My weight today is higher than the beginning of last week before I did the IF which I'm bummed about. Does AF cause a big increase for anyone else? It went down overall last week.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast