Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    KrisM is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    Yeah, I'm with ML on this one. DC is beautiful in the spring. Now, of course this year April decided it was still winter, and we got snow. But that's unusual. BTW, Fairfax County (huge DC area school district) has spring break Mar 30 - Apr 3. DCPS is the week of Apr. 13.

If the choice is April or July, hands down April. June isn't as bad. But keep in mind, DC is crowded with tourists in June and July, as well as grumpy residents looking forward to their August vacations. And for goodness sake, stand on the right when you're on a Metro escalator.

I think DC is one of the best places to vacation, especially with kids. There's so much to do, and most of it is free.

Well those breaks will definitely help us! We will be done about noon on April 2 (Thurs) and have the following week April 6-10 off. I had forgotten they brought back early-release days. We've never had one in the 5 years we've been here, but starting next year we will.

I am sure as planning starts, I will be posting here with many questions. Neither DH nor I have been there in ages!
    Kris

SummerBaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

This year our break overlapped with cherry blossoms. They really are spectacular and it was a bucket list item for me. I'm glad I got to see them. Personally I would rather do heat than crowds, but that's me. I think if you go in April and you have 7 days you will be able to spread more of the sites throughout the week. Also, I was unprepared for the crowd level so I think if you mentally prepare yourself in advance it won't be so shocking. It's a lot like Disney- you need to be at your destination when it opens to avoid the worst of the lines. We got to the zoo when it opened and were able to avoid the panda line. By the time we left at 1:30 the panda line was over an hour long.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3