ChefGirl is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default ISO of good Luau to do in Oahu and any other tips on activities

We are staying in Ko Olina, west of Waikki. Does anyone know of any good luau to do in Oahu? I have heard of Pleasant Cove, which is close to Ko Olina. My husband searched and said Chief's Luau at Sea Life Park which I think is in Waimanola. Anyone has any experience?

Also, some of the must do activities include the Pearl Harbor and Hike Diamond Head. Should i tickets beforehand? Or, just get the Pearl Harbor tickets there. I guess i can also just order them on-line as well. Anyone has any suggestions on these?

My kids are 11, 9 and 6. What type of other activities do you suggest? Snorkeling? Are they too young for this? Dinner Cruises? Want them to experience as much island life as possible. My husbnad also suggested the Kualoa Ranch....tour of where Lost and Jurrasic Park were filmed, etc.

We have leaving in two and half weeks! Yike!!!!
    Chefgirl
    Mommy to 3 WILD and SWEET kids

It's a trip, but I recommend the Polynesian Cultural Center near the North Shore. It's a stage luau, so not intimate, but it's much more than just the luau!

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Just a note: When I went to Pear Harbor a couple of years ago, NO BAGS were allowed last the gate, not even camera bags (only loose cameras). No purses, nothing. They did have a bag check--for a fee.

The PCC is run by the LDS church. I have not been to it but have heard good things. We went to Germaine's which was recommended. It was just okay, IMO, but I have nothing else to compare to it.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Sorry, double post. ??
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

Quote Originally Posted by 123LuckyMom View Post
    It's a trip, but I recommend the Polynesian Cultural Center near the North Shore. It's a stage luau, so not intimate, but it's much more than just the luau!
    DD1 03/2011
    DD2 06/2013