Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default How many dry nights before switching to underwear?

DS has been dry now for about four nights and is asking to wear underwear at night instead of his pull up. How many nights before you switched? Was there ever a regression back to multiple nights wet or is it just the occasional accident? Before this he would go a couple of nights but never this many consecutively so I want to support him but at the sane time if it's a fluke I don't want middle of the night disasters!

I waited until DS asked, which took a couple of weeks, but he never wet himself in all that time.

I'd let him wear his undies and double make the bed. (Waterproof mattress cover, sheet, another waterproof cover, another sheet.) That way if there's an accident it's a quick fix during the night.

3 or 4. I'd let him wear underwear. Just make sure there is a waterproof mattress cover and you know where the extras are. We have 2 sets of everything (mattress cover etc) and 3 sets of sheets
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

onyx8 is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

I waited an entire month

baileygirl is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Wow! You guys are a lot braver than me! I waited several months...

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DS decided on his own within a month of day training. He just refused to let me put on a night diaper with his pjs one night.

OKKiddo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DS1 was dry at night before potty training so no pull ups at night. DD was also dry at night before potty training BUT she still sleeps in our bed and DH prefers she wear a pull up just in case (although it creates a problem of laziness for her in the morning because she will go in the pull up if she doesn't want to get out of her warm bed to go potty, yuck!). With DS2 he was potty trained at 3y3m but has only, just last week, started wearing underwear to bed. We told him if he was dry for three nights in a row that he could wear underwear to bed. I'm pretty sure it's because of the Adderall because he wakes up in the middle of the night or is a lighter sleeper because of it. I hear him get up and go potty and then I go back in to check on him and he's already zonked back out (so while he wakes nightly, he goes right back to deep sleep and sleeps in longer in the am instead of a 6am crack of dawn wake up call).

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

DS1 tried a couple times and we then waited for 2 weeks of dry. DD was lazy and the first time she asked, I let her. DH thought I was nuts, but I was 90% sure she was dry all night and just didn't get out of bed in the morning. She has rarely had an accident. DS2 asked as soon as he was in underwear during the day and I felt confident, so we let him. Again, rare accidents. DD asked the same day as DS2...I am pretty sure she was annoyed she was in a pullup and he was in underwear and she was 2 years older!
    Kris

azzeps is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We had DD in pullups forever because she would sleep in our bed part way through the night. So we didn't take chances. In fact, she still occasionally pees in our bed at SIX. Anyhow, waterproof mattress covers are a good investment!
    DD - 3/2008
    DS - 7/2011

Default How many dry nights before switching to underwear?

2 weeks with dd. Never had an accident except when she was sick.

Closer to a week with DS because he kept complaining that the overnight diaper was bothering him. He had a few accidents the first month, but nothing we couldn't handle.

We have waterproof mattress covers on all of the beds.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast