Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My son at 2 1/2 went into undies at night after being dry every night for about a week i think. He stayed in undies for about 6 months with only an occasional accident and then we went out of town and he started peeing his pants every single night. He went back into pullups because even after coming home he could not stay consistently dry at night. About 2 or 2 1/2 months ago we put him back in undies at night because he had been staying dry for a few weeks. He's had maybe 1 or 2 accidents since...he'll be 6 in a month.
    Renee
    (mommom to Noah my beautiful Ethiopian miracle. born 6/26/08 forever a family 4/20/09)

llama8 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I waited about 3 weeks of being dry before stopping the pullups.
    DD 11/09
    DD 06/11

Quote Originally Posted by baileygirl View Post
    Wow! You guys are a lot braver than me! I waited several months...
    Ha! Us, too! DS didn't fully potty trained until last summer when he was 3.5. We kept him in pull-ups overnight well into the fall. He never asked to wear underwear overnight, and when we told him we are going to try it, he was basically like whatever. Lol
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DS is 5.5 and still wears pull ups. He'll go a few weeks completely dry and then all of a sudden have wet ones for two or three days. I feel bad because he keeps asking when he can wear underwear. Maybe I'll just let him try it.

I know I'm a little late to the party - but thought I'd chime in. Stachio didn't have any consecutive dry nights. But on Dec. 31 2012 he DECIDED he wasn't wearing diapers to bed anymore. There was no persuading him otherwise...nor were we able to successfully do a sleeping potty trip when DH and I went to bed. Instead, we just grit our teeth, double or triple layered the bed and went 20 nights with nighttime accidents. I begged him to use a pull-up, but he was determined. On the 21st morning he was dry. He's only had 3-4 accidents since and all occurred when he was sick (bad coughing or throwing up at night - which let to pee accidents). It was a long 20 days, but we got through it. Now, I know this wouldn't likely be the outcome for a child who hadn't decided on their own to do this...but my point is, if your DC is asking...maybe give it a shot.
    --------
    DS - Adopted by loving parents 1995
    DS1 7/2009 ('Stachio)
    DS2 9/2011 (Peanut)

Four nights and he's asking, sure!

One of mine was waking up wet, but I was pretty sure it was because she was waking up and peeing instead of getting up. We ran out of pull-ups and I told her it was time to be big and get up if she had to go. She did. Never had an accident. :P
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I would have thought 4 was enough and after 5, I almost let my 2.5 year old. Since then, soaking wet every morning and last night she took her pull up off and fell asleep on top of her duvet. 3:30 in the morning I was changing her bed. Now I am quickly washing the duvet so I can get it in the dryer before we leave for work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mmommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I was just coming on the board to ask this same question. We're at 8 nights dry here, but I hate washing bedding...We'll see if DD2's stubbornness or my fear of washing bedding wins out tonight

Giantbear is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

lol, dry nights....... My daughter went 3 months of dry nights before she was ready

The sunday after her 4th birthday, i had her on the changing table when she looked at me and said 'i don't need those anymore, i'm a big girl!!' and we never looked back
    Proud father of dd 5-30-10

theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We had 0 dry nights - in fact, DD1 would wake up with a full pull up every morning. However, the week she turned 5 she decided that she was too old for pull ups. I did a double layer of sheets - mattress protector - sheet - mattress protector - sheet. She hasn't had a single accident. I'm not sure when she was peeing - maybe in the early morning when she was up but still in bed?
    Mama to 3 awesome kids

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2