Default waterproof changing pads/covers

I am on the hunt for a changing pad (that secures to a regular dresser with straps or some such...maybe even has some non-skid on the bottom?), but most of the ones I'm seeing aren't waterproof, and the ones that claim to be all seem to have a quilted pattern that I imagine would be kinda difficult to wipe clean. So I figured hey, no problem, I'll just get a waterproof cover! But I have yet to see a single one, other than liners that you just lay on top. Am I missing something? Where are all the waterproof products??? Everything seems to be made of cotton. Does anyone have one they can recommend?

We got a Keekaroo Peanut changing pad for similar reasons - ease of cleaning and no removable covers required. But little one is not here yet so I have no real BTDT to offer on how it actually works.

It was shipped with a 2-point strap for baby and it has an adhesive pad on the base to secure it to a surface. (I glimpsed the instructions and it said the adhesive may affect the finish on the surfaces though so probably would not stick this to an antique dresser or any super pricey furniture). I will note that it did not have any noticeable weird smells when it came out of the packaging - I'm always concerned about man-made materials like that off gassing.

http://www.diapers.com/p/keekaroo-pe...er-aqua-766480
    DS 2014

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

That Keekaroo looks very similar to the one we had, which was Kooshee brand.

I absolutely LOVED the wipe-clean-ability of our Kooshee!! We used ours on top of a Hemnes 3-drawer dresser from IKEA with no issues.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

We got one of the cheap changing pads from babies r us, I think ours is Serta brand, but they have a whole aisle of them that look pretty much the same. They are vinyl or something like that and easy to wipe off. Not non slip on the bottom, but has straps to secure it with screws to the back of the dresser. It works well on top of our ikea Hemnes 3 drawer dresser and we got 2 covers for it that are very easy to swap out when they get wet/dirty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We got one from babies r us or target. Honestly I don't think I've ever had the pad get dirty. I used a velour cover on it with a cotton cloth diaper or washcloth under baby's butt. I washed those regularly but even blowouts stayed on top of the cover.

Once my kids were rolling I switched to a waterproof mat on the floor like this. http://www.amazon.com/Carters-Keep-F...T8PH45S6GNHN4S

jam224 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Evidently they don't make the organic version anymore, but this is the same brand of changing pad that we had: Serta Contour Pad. It has a smooth surface. I bought a soft and cute changing pad cover for it (don't remember the brand), but I used the cushioned, laminated changing pad of the Skip Hop Pronto on top of that. Super easy to wipe away any messes! I bet you could also buy laminated fabric from JoAnns or Hobby Lobby, if you feel crafty enough to make your own!
    Jennifer
    SAHM to DD1 (11yo) and DD2 (5yo)