Default Rugs for Nursery

I have been having such a hard time finding a nursery rug... any recommendations on brands? If not brands, recommendations on fabrics? I love the look of Pottery Barn Kids, but have heard that they are not great quality. I will be SO grateful for any feedback! Thank you.

This probably isn't what you had in mind, but my advice is to buy an inexpensive, machine washable rug. Seriously, the cheapest one you can find that matches your decor. We have rugs in both of my kids' rooms, right beside their cribs (well, now their beds). When they were babies and would get the stomach flu, it seemed like it was inevitable that they would get sick all over those rugs. After I had to throw away DS's beautiful first nursery rug (which I had lovingly picked out and paid way too much for), I replaced it with a rug I bought for about $7 at Big Lots. Makes clean up after a round of stomach flu so much easier! I know that's probably not quite the kind of recommendation you had in mind, but it's worked well for us.
    Mom to J 6/25/08 and M 6/21/11

I have a pbk rug. I love it. The pattern is beautiful and it is soft. My DS crawls all over it while playing and so does DH and myself. He has never done more than "baby spit up" on it so we've not had to worry about really cleaning it yet. All that being said they are SO expensive (I got an 8x10) that i would have been disappointed if I paid full price for it. It shed a lot in the beginning and now it is getting bald patches at the edges from the vacuum cleaner pulling up pieces of the tufts. One caveat of my review is that I did not actually get my rug from PBK. I got it off ebay for significantly cheaper. It did have all pottery barn labeling and packaging, but there is always the risk that it may be a knockoff which is why the quality is poor. I know this is a wish washy review since there are things I love about it and things I don't, but I hope it helps.

Mommy_Mea is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

The rugs we used were pottery barn (from Craigslist) and overstock.com. They are both rugs that can grow with the boys and their decor. Both rugs have held up great through lots of spot cleaning! I wouldn't want to spend the $$$ on a PBK rug to have it be too babyish in 2 years...
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

All of our rugs are from Ikea and Lowes. Really pleased with the price we paid.
    DS 05/09
    DD 12/12