niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default No one's garage looks like that!

I reorganizing our small garden shed with better shelves, so we can store the garden supplies there and not in the garage. Next job, is to tackle the garage. I've been looking for some ideas on pinterest. Seriously.. No one's garage/garden shed looks that beautiful with everything color coordinating:

http://www.bhg.com/decorating/makeov...utions/#page=2
    http://www.editorganizing.com/marin-...ge-organizing/

I'll be going for the mismatched and hopefully cheap look.

azzeps is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

No way!!! Mine doesn't and never will! It's a mess!!! Good luck with yours!
    DD - 3/2008
    DS - 7/2011

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Ours is very colorful - the previous owners painted it with left over paint. So, we have walls that are blue, pink, green, yellow and some have black polka dots . I will say that even when it's messy, the paint makes it look fun!

But, yeah, no one's look like those!
    Kris

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    Ours is very colorful - the previous owners painted it with left over paint. So, we have walls that are blue, pink, green, yellow and some have black polka dots . I will say that even when it's messy, the paint makes it look fun!

But, yeah, no one's look like those!
    That would be a bright, fun garage.

I cleaned out the garden shed today. I pulled everything out, cleaned the shed (scrubbed walls/ceiling/mopped floor), and purged. I bought 2 plastic shelving units that were on sale and everything is now neatly on the shelves, with extra room for garden things we have in the garage - I need to move those over. It's not a huge shed, but now we can walk in there and find things. It's not pretty looking like in the pics, but it's soooo much better than it was. I killed a couple of black widows, and hoping now that it's clean, it can stay spider free - I sprayed the inside with bug spray and will do that occasionally.

DH was inspired and said we should purge the garage. I'm holding him to that and will start on Sunday. It'll take more than 1 day, because the garage is our main storage space. There's a lot of stuff packed in there.

I've got bulky trash pick up scheduled for Thursday and a local donation place said they'll send a truck out.
    Last edited by niccig; 05-31-2014 at 03:07 AM.