BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Need toy box rec

I need a toy box for our playroom. Decent size, sturdy. Preferably white. Any suggestions?
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Don't know if this will work for you, but we just got rid of DD's old (broken-down) toy box and replaced it with something from Ikea. We purchased this: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S99876662/

I love that the top stays put and the box slides out. DD is also using it as a seat b/c we purchased the bench pad that goes with it. (Not thrilled with the colors on the bench pad, but DD likes it and I like the grippiness on the bottom of the pad which makes it stay in place.)

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We love our Trofast with various size pull out bins. We've had ours 3yr and it still looks new.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

We use Cubeicals. Usually under $50-60 at Target, depending on the size. We have fabric bins in some cubbies, and some open. I like the 2x__ size, laid long-wise for younger kids, so Little People houses, Tonka trucks, and the like can be placed on top.
    Last edited by lalasmama; 05-29-2014 at 09:55 PM.
    --Mimi
    Mom to Lala (2004), Bonus Mom to Big Sis 1 (1991) and Big Sis 2 (1992)
    Grammy to Big Kindy Kid (2011), Big Pre-K Kid (2012),
    Grandbaby Appendage (2014), and New Baby Grandboy (summer 2017)

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I am anti toy boxes. They become you grave yards. I have shallow drawer canvas bins from Target (Itso and Cubicals). See as much as possible without digging.

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lalasmama View Post
    We use Cubeicals. Usually under $50-60 at Target, depending on the size. We have fabric bins in some cubbies, and some open. I like the 2x__ size, laid long-wise for younger kids, so Little People houses, Tonka trucks, and the like can be placed on top.
    We have the same thing. We have a ton of them between the family room, basement and kids bedrooms. They are inexpensive but durable and hold a lot. Then I figure we can get rid of them without feeling bad when we are out of the crazy toy stage!

BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I am anti toy boxes. They become you grave yards. I have shallow drawer canvas bins from Target (Itso and Cubicals). See as much as possible without digging.
    This is a good point. I'll check out the cubeicals and give something like that a try.
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012