Default Disneyland Trip Report (LOOONG!)

We are just back from a 3.5 day trip (first time). We basically did everything, but it nearly killed us We went in thinking would we take a break mid-day (4.5 yo DS is still a big time napper) but that just didn't happen. We were out of the hotel (DLH) pretty much 8:30am-11:30pm for 3 days, then the last day was 8:30am-2pm, with our flight departing 4:30pm. We were all fine for the 3 days, but that last day we were D O N E ! When DS woke up that morning, he said "I think I'll take a nap today." LOL!

FYI DS is 43" and I am pregnant, we all went on everything together except a few rides DH did on his own (Indy, Haunted Mansion, Matterhorn). Space Mtn, Grizzly River Run, and Nemo were closed. We all skipped Screamin', Splash Mtn, and Tower of Terror. Goofy's Sky School was the only ride that I felt was at all "jerky" and probably wouldn't do again while pregnant.

DH & I got into this tag team rhythm for getting on rides/into character lines. As soon as the ride was done, one of us would take off running and get into another line. The other person was responsible for the kid & the stroller (if necessary--in some areas you can just leave the stroller in a central location and work your way around the rides).

I would say definitely budget more time for DL than DCA. DCA we easily did in less than a day.

We did DL on Day 1 from about 8:30-4:00, and we didn't finish. We didn't eat bfast that day. We ran right from the gates to Anna & Elsa, and were told it was a 3.5 hr wait. So we got out of line and all did Dumbo, Peter Pan, Carousel, Mr. Toad, and Pinocchio. Mr. Toad made DS cry, he also hated Pinocchio. Those were the only 2 rides the whole trip that he didn't like. Based on those we skipped Snow White. After that DS was adamant about mtg Anna & Elsa, so back to their line we went. At this point it was 2.5 hr wait, so nothing lost there. I waited in line and DH & DS walked through the castle and went in some stores. Then DH stayed in line and DS & I did Casey Jr. Then I waited in line and they did Storybook Boats. So the 2.5 hr wait wasn't a complete loss of time, but we did less than we could have. After mtg A&E we all rode the teacups. We had lunch at Plaza Inn (fried chicken). Yum! Back over to FL where DS & I did Small World & DH did single rider for Matterhorn. He got thru Matterhorn twice while we were going thru Small World. After Matterhorn DH got right in line for SW, DS & I came out and we all went on SW together. DS LOVED SW. The over to Toon Town where we rode Gadget Coaster & met Mickey. DS was against Roger Rabbit for some reason. We had to leave the park around 4:00 b/c we had a 5:30 seating at Napa Rose, which still wasn't really enough time to go back to DLH and freshen up and get over to Napa Rose (in DGC). At this point we had a giant crisis b/c we realized we hadn't picked up our Fantasmic tickets. We checked in for our dinner and then DH had to walk to DL to get the tickets. It was a huge ordeal b/c they were in my name and it took about an hour (while we were supposed to be having dinner) for him to sort it out. We were at dinner until 8ish, then we ran to Fantasmic which starts at 9. We stayed in the Fantasmic viewing area to watch the fireworks at 9:30. After the fireworks we did Buzz & Astro Orbiter on the way out.

Day 2 we did DCA. Since we were staying at DLH we were able to through the DGC entrance into DCA. I have to say that entrance is a huge perk. There was no one there and we were able to walk right thru and get our FPs for World of Color, then the FPs for RSR. YOU HAVE TO DO RSR. Seriously. It was all of our favorite ride. Just do child swap with the little ones. After we got the FPs we did Luigi's & Mater's. Luigi's was totally lame. Mater's was super fun. We did it 2 or 3 times. We also did all of Bugs Land. There was no wait for any of the BL rides. Just walk on & off to the next. We didn't eat bfast this day either, so we had lunch around 11, rice bowls from the Asian place, which we carried over to Flo's b/c DS wanted to sit at the "gas station." Sometime in here DS met Mater & Lightning. After lunch we got on RSR. When we got off DH ran back to the FP machine and pulled another set of FPs for 8:20pm. The we continued onto Paradise Pier. We did Goofy's Sky School, Jellyfish, Toy Story, Carousel, Little Mermaid, Golden Zephyr. The only long wait was Toy Story, but even that wasn't as long as posted. DS & I went to buy ice cream while DH held our spot, and while we were out we saw a line to meet Buzz. We waited thru that, bought the treats, then DH called that we were up next. After Paradise Pier we walked around and did Soarin' Over CA & Monster's Inc. At that point we were done with the DCA rides (although we missed the ferris wheel & DH missed Screamin'). Sometime in here we sat and had a Frappucino at Fiddler's and rode the Red Trolley. We watched the Pixar Parade at 5 with drinks & churro bites. DS LOVED the parade, he was literally screaming with delight. After that we had dinner at Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta. Then we went and used our second set of RSRs FPs (were thru the ride before our FP slot even started), then ran over to World of Color, got in right at 8:45, ran up to the bridge (Blue FP area) and got a spot on the rail. DH & DS held our spot while I went out in search of snacks and light up toys. Watched the show and I think that was it for the night.

Day 3 it was back to DL to finish off, but we had a bfast reservation at Ariel's Grotto at 9:20a, so a bit of running around. We went to DL around 8:30a and did Star Tours & Autotopia. Then ran over to DCA for our princess bfast. That was maybe 1.5 hrs. DS loved it. Then back to DL/Adventureland where we did Jungle Cruise, Tarzan, Tiki Room (with Dole Whips). We got in line for Indy but then realized DS wasn't tall enough. So we went on to Frontierland, rode the Riverboat. Then over to Thunder Mtn for FPs but it was only a 30 min wait, so DH just waited in line while DS & I walked around and went in some stores. Then we rode Thunder Mtn (which DS said was too slow!!!), followed by lunch at the Mexican place. After that we did Pirates & Winnie the Pooh. At that point we had made it thru all the rides. We went back to the hotel, changed into suits and went to the pool. Went on the water slides there. Changed again and ran back to DL to get a spot for the parade. DH went to try to get on Indy, but it was down so he did Haunted Mansion. DS again loved the parade, more screaming with excitement. Then over to Blue Bayou for our 7:30 dinner. Got a cutout silhouette of DS on the way there. We loved BB, highly recommend! When we came out the fireworks were going off so we stood and watched them. Then we went over to Tomorrowland and rode Buzz, Star Tours & Astro Orbitor all again. DS was obsessed with getting a Rapunzel Doll, so we went over to the Toy Store at Small World and found one there. Then hopped on the DL RR, rode through the Dinos, etc back to the main gate, walked back to the hotel around midnight. Then DH & I stayed up to pack so we'd be able to go back to the park before departing the next day..

Day 4 it was hard for us to get up in the morning, we were all completely exhausted. But off we went, checked our bags at the bell desk. Walked to the monorail by Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney. Got to ride in the cockpit!! Got off in Tomorrowland. Went and rode SW again, then went & met Merida. Then walked over to Toontown, where DS & I rode Gadget Coaster again while DH tested Roger Rabbit for DS. Roger Rabbit declared a success, so we all went on it. We also met Minnie at her house, and Goofy & Pluto out & about. Then DS & I headed to Fantasyland while DH went to do Indy, he finally got on. DS & I rode teacups, were going to do Dumbo, but DH alerted us that Tangled was coming up at the Royal Theater. So we ran over there and were the last 2 allowed in. Watched the show, then hung around to meet Rapunzel. We had been wanting to have Big Thunder BBQ, so we went there for lunch. We all loved it. At the end of lunch there was a little stage show where they called the kids up to perform. DS went up and had a blast. While he was up there I noticed Woody walking away from the animal pen next door, so I went over to ask when he'd be back. Didn't get to meet him but Jessie soon took his place. DS & DH came over, visited with the animals, then met Jessie. At that point it was time to say goodbye to DL, and head back to the hotel to get our bags & taxi over to the airport.

azzeps is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

YAY!!! What a great trip! This makes me so excited to go! I can't believe how much you did!!! Way to go! And thanks for the write-up! I'll be studying it tonight after the kids go to bed and I can hop on the computer!!!
    DD - 3/2008
    DS - 7/2011