Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I think the chronology is a good idea we also always have to do this ... but not to a microscopic level. Also I'd pick the things that you are most concerned about and would like to discuss/address. For me for DS2 it was getting him to handle his being quick to overreact that he couldn't cope with average every day situations.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

lmh2402 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DH and I had our parent consult with the Dr. last week. It went well - we really liked her/felt comfortable with her. She was using a booklet (I sent a follow-up email asking if she could tell me what the booklet was...not sure why I didn't ask during the meeting). Anyway, she used this booklet to kind of guide the discussion and the questions she was asking. I had sent her a TON of material before we met, which she had clearly read, including the chronology document I prepared and all the various reports we've gathered over the years.

At the end of the meeting she said that she will often have a gut sense of what she thinks might be going on with the child after meeting with the parents. But in this case, she is truly not sure. what a (not) surprise.

I did specifically ask her if she was familiar with Hyperlexia III (thank you again, Gena) and she was not. Not sure if that should make me very worried. She said she was familiar with Hyperlexia, but not the subset of "III" - I forwarded her the links you shared with me, Gena. The more I read that document, the more it sounds like DS. I had sent it to my sister and she called me saying, "oh my God, it's like you wrote this about (DS)!!"

Anyway, our next two meetings are next week with her and DS - I will be bringing him and we'll see if he's willing to stay in the room with just her, or if I will sit in.

I know she's planning on doing cognitive/IQ testing, as well as other things.

I would greatly appreciate any thoughts you might be able to share on questions I should ask in advance.

Thank you, guys.
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2