Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We have both and use both communally. If you live together why have one be "hers" and one be "his?"

In our case, the big one is an ipad 1, too old to run some apps, but more comfortable for most games (DD is on a as Plants vs Zombies kick).
    The little one is the one we grab to do games that won't work on the big one, or if the big one is taken.
    I don't think smaller is better, unless it's a "it fits into my purse" thing.
    Last edited by wellyes; 06-23-2014 at 09:19 AM.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wellyes View Post
    We have both and use both communally. If you live together why have one be "hers" and one be "his"
    Slightly off topic, but sharing would drive me nuts! We both have our own iCloud and iTunes accounts, mail accounts, and calendars, as well as apps and songs. "His" device looks way different than "mine". Even Safari syncs my bookmarks, so if I use his device to surf, I don't have my links available. Same with my kids' devices. We have four between us, plus 2 iPhones, and every single one is different. We'd need a bigger device if it was going to be communal, to fit everyone's apps and songs!

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We have a regular iPad as our "family" shared iPad, and I just got DS1 a mini for his birthday from the Target sale. I love the mini already. Especially for a kid. It's just so much lighter and easier for him to manage. I still think the size is big enough for watching movies, and he has not complained at all about games.
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by pastrygirl View Post
    Slightly off topic, but sharing would drive me nuts! We both have our own iCloud and iTunes accounts, mail accounts, and calendars, as well as apps and songs. "His" device looks way different than "mine". Even Safari syncs my bookmarks, so if I use his device to surf, I don't have my links available. Same with my kids' devices. We have four between us, plus 2 iPhones, and every single one is different. We'd need a bigger device if it was going to be communal, to fit everyone's apps and songs!
    I totally agree with this! DH's iPad and phone organization drive me nuts. Totally different bookmarks. The device gets mad if we try switching between Apple IDs. I to whoever can share their tablets, etc! We have no problems watching movies and playing games on the Mini. My only issue is that the 32gb can seem small if you have a movie or two on there...I wish I could trade DHs 64gb for my 32gb. I cannot imagine taking Frozen and Phineas and Ferb off for quite some time.
    Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

Quote Originally Posted by lchang25000 View Post
    Did you notice a difference going from the iPad retina to an iPad mini without retina?
    Yes, there is definitely a difference. It's not that bothersome to me, though. One thing that has happened a few times, though, is annoying. I've had the video lag behind the audio while streaming Netflix or YouTube videos on the Mini. This never happens on the full size. Googling the issue brings up a number of threads about it on the Apple forums so I'm not alone. I think the processor is slower on the Mini.

We have been traveling cross country for a week and will be for 4 more weeks. We used the full size iPad on a headrest mount in the car for my 2.5 yo to watch videos in the car and the big kids shared the Mini to play Minecraft while I read on my kindle. Everyone survived more than 34 hours in the car so I'm very glad we bought the second iPad.
    Daniele
    mama to
    dd1 watching over her brothers and sister from Heaven
    ds1 13 years old
    dd2 10 years old
    ds2 6 years old
    Placenta Increta/c-hyst survivor

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lchang25000 View Post
    Did you notice a difference going from the iPad retina to an iPad mini without retina?
    When I was buying mine back in January I looked at the two side by side in the store and yes the retina looked a little crisper, but I didn't notice a huge difference between the two until I picked up the Ipad with Retina and placed it next to the Ipad Mini without Retina. I ended up with a Ipad Mini and I have been happy with it, but I never really had planned on spending $100+ more for a similar 32 gig Ipad Mini Retina anyway because it was truly out of my budget (and I didn't want the larger regular sized Ipad either). Had a retina display been a must then I probably would have gone with the Kindle Fire HDX, which was similarly priced to the Ipad Mini 32 gig I bought instead (which I had to buy refurbed because they stopped selling the 32 gig Mini when the Mini Retina came out).
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Twoboos is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by arivecchi View Post
    I switched to a mini and want to switch back to regular size. Too small for movies and for web browsing IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    This is how I feel, too. But don't tell Mr. Techno DH, he just got me one for our anniversary and thinks it's the best thing ev-er.

He claims the screen is bigger b/c you can see more pixels with the retina display. Okaaayyy.... <shrug>
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2