Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Update: (thanks for the sweet compliments, I love you guys)

So I was encouraged to work with my curl a little more and look for some new products to try. It had been a long time since I have tried anything other than gel. At Walgreens I picked up Not Your Mothers Beach Babe Cream and Not Your Mothers Beach Babe Sea Salt Spray. Last night I used those after washing and then let it air dry and went to bed still a bit damp. I am pretty happy with the results considering I slept on it.

I also looked up the hairstylist trained for curls and saw a salon that has been recommended a couple times by people just running into me with DDs. They are pricey for me, so I think I will just put it off a bit and try to get my next cut there. I still am exploring tools after my big fail using this waver. After watching some videos and reading reviews, I want to try this wrap to wave styler.

Definitely skipping the perm. Thanks for talking me down!

eta: sorry if pic is upside down....not sure how to fix that!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mytwosons is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Great beach waves!

I can't remember if I mentioned this....I usually get my hair done at a school, if that tells you my price point. My first devacut was $75 (future are cheaper). But, she told me I'll only need a cut every 6 months or so! It should work out less than cuts every six weeks at the school!

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I only get two devacuts a year!
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

I want your hair, Melaine! The third pic using the new products looks great!

I had stick straight hair my whole life until I gave birth to DS. I had short hair then, and as it grew out, it was curly! It's a totally different texture now, tighter curls underneath, waves in the middle, and frizz on top. Lovely . I've been co washing for a while, and my hair is MUCH softer and silkier, but it's still the same texture. I have to use a curling iron on the top layer or it looks awful. I also feel like I have to comb it, because otherwise it looks ratty and messy to me! I really need to find a good salon that can teach me how to do my hair!

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Well, gosh. I think it looks fantastic!!

MamaInMarch is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    RIght? but no, they take after DH! wish my hair was as curly as it once was. First pic is me with my hair curled with the Chi which is what i usually do when I fix it, which is not nearly often enough. Second is me right now with my hair frizzy as typical and no makeup at all. Which unfortunately is also typical!
    Ummm.... My suggestion is to go out just like that and make people ridiculously jealous that you are so pretty in no make up.

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Ummm.... My suggestion is to go out just like that and make people ridiculously jealous that you are so pretty in no make up.
    um, I was thinking why is she trying to get help? She's already gorgeous!

That said, cowashing would make it easier to manage
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

I have nothing to add, as my last perm was in 7th grade. But I agree with PP - you're so gorgeous! I wish I looked like that sans makeup.
    Catherine

Mom to:
    DD#1 3/07
    DD#2 10/08

and "Bonus Mom" to:
    DSD
    DSS#1
    DSS #2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3