Default Reusable Swim Diapers

I am thinking of getting some and am wondering:

1) Are they any good if we are still in he runny infant poop stage? If not, we will be going to the Caribbean in January when he is 10 1/2 months old so will probably still want to purchase this summer.
    2) Any favorites? Target has iplay and Charlie banana BOGO half off online, but both are pull on styles with no snaps. Will I wish there were snaps when taking off a wet and possibly dirty one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

I can't answer the first question. We love the iplay but the pull on is difficult to take off when wet. Not a big deal, but the ones that aren't trunks and look like a diaper cover do have snaps on them. Those were a lot easier to take off, but not as cute.

Katigre is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I got some old pocket diapers that snapped on and were adjustable rise (like a bumgenius) but were no longer waterproof so they were super cheap. They work great and the fleece interior is soft on the baby.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mom of 4: Boy (10), Girl (7), Boy (4), Girl (2)

Quote Originally Posted by specialp View Post
    I can't answer the first question. We love the iplay but the pull on is difficult to take off when wet. Not a big deal, but the ones that aren't trunks and look like a diaper cover do have snaps on them. Those were a lot easier to take off, but not as cute.
    We have some cute swim trunks to go over, so I am ok with not cute. The iplay ones at target were just pull on, but I did see the ones with snaps on amazon and was considering them.

DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Philly Mom is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have used both reusable and disposable. When there is poop, disposable is just so much easier to get off without a total mess. If the kid poops in a reusable one, especially without the side snaps, it is so messy.

babyonway is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I would definitely get the side snaps and be sure to get a couple of them in case there is a poop

I always used the iPlay side snap ones until DD was potty trained, now I use the pull up ones because the chances of an accident are really small and if there is an accident the pull up ones are a nightmare.
    Mama to my sweet lil girl (Summer 2010)

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We use the bummis velcro side ones. They are great, only con is that you need to put swim trunks or a suit on over or you risk velcro snags on your own suit, ask me how I know.

http://www.amazon.com/Bummis-Swimmi-...ref=pd_cp_ba_0

Target in store has the side snaps. How will you wash the poopy ones in the Caribbean? My kids looooove to poop in the warm pool/ocean. Sigh. We have 4 to rotate at home with a pool in our backyard, but I take the disposable ones on vacation.

Both styles are iffy with the really liquid poo IME. They don't absorb liquids, only hold in solids. The reusable ones have that Terry cloth lining which holds it better but you need to get them out of the water immediately. And they need to fit really tightly around the legs.

Hmm, I swear the ones at my target did not have snaps. Maybe I need to look at another target? We would be on a cruise ship in the Caribbean where he can not go in the pools, so it would really just be 1 or maybe 2 quick stops at the beach. I would hand wash in the sink, then wash in the machine when we got back home.

Off to amazon to check out the Velcro side ones now...

DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

i have imse vimse. it has snaps on 1 side. they are like iron...they last forever, they are also very snug around legs and waist. i've never had a blow out.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)