Question Pottery Barn Farmhouse Bed

Does anyone own the Pottery Barn Farmhouse bed, how do you like it and how low or high is it, can you use a box spring?

We have it in a king at our vacation place. I think it has a box spring, I'll have to check. We really like it, it looks nice and is good quality. It isn't crazy high but not low. They often have it set up with bedding in our local PB store so you might be able to see it in person.

MMMommy is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Nice bed! Clean and elegant.

It is on a slat-roll support. No boxspring necessary. Boxspring is optional. I think it would be a little too high with both a boxspring and a mattress.

http://www.potterybarn.com/products/farmhouse-bed/
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

I honestly don't remember if we used the box spring or not! I remember the slats as the furniture installers didn't have the right piece to finish set up the first trip. I can look next weekend if I remember.

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I don't have any experience with that bed, but just today I was reading an article on ways to save $$$ at Pottery Barn. One of many tips was to see if the Kids or Teen line offered any very similar products because they are usually much cheaper. They used the Farmhouse Bed and the PB Teen Hampton Classic bed as an example. Not sure if budget is an issue for you, but I thought I'd mention it. This is the PB Teen bed they compared it to:

http://www.pbteen.com/products/guys-...Marketing_Rule

Default Pottery Barn Farmhouse Bed

Quote Originally Posted by HannaAddict View Post
    We have it in a king at our vacation place. I think it has a box spring, I'll have to check. We really like it, it looks nice and is good quality. It isn't crazy high but not low. They often have it set up with bedding in our local PB store so you might be able to see it in person.
    Hanna,
    Can you let me know if your vacation house farmhouse bed has a box spring when you know.
    Which store is your local PB so I can try to see it in person?
    Lisa