Default Anyone spend time in Stowe during the summer?

Debating a last minute trip July 4 weekend. Looking for a nice high-end hotel/resort were we can just hang out by a rally nice pool with poolside service and relax for a couple of days. Has anyone been to Stowe Mountain Lodge or Topnotch? It looks like these *could* fit the bill, but looking for any BTDT experience.

We're not committed to Stowe, or even Vermont, but want to drive no more than 4 hours or so from Providence and not necessarily looking to do the Cape. Any other ideas?

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I've heard good things about N. Conway (we haven't made it there yet) and this resort: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...Hampshire.html
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Topnotch is nice from what I remember, check TripAdvisor, but Stowe would be fun!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Stowe in the Summer is beautiful! Topnotch was just redone, and several friends have been there and I've heard it is very nice. The other advantage is you are close to the mountain and its activities (if you want that) but still get the experience of a smaller, quieter resort.

Hope that helps.