View Poll Results: Do you do your own laundry?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, we (I, DH, or a combo) do ALL our own laundry besides dry cleaning

96 88.89%
  • Yes, we do part of our own laundry and farm out a portion, including drycleaning.

8 7.41%
  • No, we have someone else do our laundry (cleaning people, sitter, drycleaner)

4 3.70%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    janine is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I do it all. And WOHM so the window to do it is small, Friday night fun for me! I would say laundry is one of my least favorite things. And folding tinsy clothes takes forever, and my DD"s like to change outfits a few times a day, and throw their doll's clothes in there too!

Quote Originally Posted by brittone2 View Post
    I agree. Laundry just doesn't bother me enough to outsource it. I would far prefer someone to do floors, kitchen, and bathrooms
    I don't mind laundry but we seem to generate quite a bit and need to do a load a day or more to keep up. I'm just not home enough to do it all! Friends who have people do just laundry were spending all weekend catching up and just decided it was worth it to have someone handle it if they can afford it. I was freaked out by other people doing my laundry until I was unexpectedly hospitalized during pregnancy no 3 and had to have help. I got over being worried about others doing our laundry very quickly!

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I do the laundry. I'm quite particular about it. And I don't mind doing it.

But the folding and putting away step is something I hate with a passion. And such is that it almost never gets done. I tried to hire someone to do it, but couldn't find anyone.

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I could be persuaded to get over it, don't get me wrong Since we homeschool, it is just part of daily routine and one thing I rarely get behind on. Other things I definitely have more trouble keeping up with.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

janine is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post

But the folding and putting away step is something I hate with a passion. And such is that it almost never gets done. I tried to hire someone to do it, but couldn't find anyone.
    Yes the folding! Sometimes my DH says he'll "do" the laundry which ='s throwing one load in the washing machine and that's it. No transferring to dryer and of course no folding - it ends up extra wrinkled as a result.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post

this is me too but I did find someone to hire.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DH's dry cleaning gets sent out, much to my MIL's horror I do everything else. I'm fine with wash, dry, fold, but like others the putting away is something I really dislike.
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

cagey is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I wash (1-2 loads every few days) DH folds (most nights in front of the tv), I iron (1-2x a week)

I do a LOT of ironing-not a huge fan of doing so, but can't stand wrinkled tee's (30 seconds with an iron is way more effective and practical for us than getting the freshly dried out of the dryer that.second and hanging or folding) AND I iron my sheets. Yes, I need help.

I usually put all away.

I do my laundry and DS' most of the time. DH does his own laundry (at his request) and he sometimes does DS.' We both wash sheets and towels equally. DH and I air dry most of our clothes--and we don't live in a castle--so our second bedroom is often overrun with clothing racks and DH's shirts hanging in the doorway. I don't mind laundry but we both hate putting things away.

The thought of being able to hire someone to do my laundry is actually making me crack up in my cube. I never even thought about it, but that would be awesome. Pipe dreams. LOL
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

No dress clothes here (we may go to the dry cleaner for like 2-3 things/ year; dh wears jeans/ shorts and ts every day to work). I do everything. eta- I have been fine tuning and improving my system. Used to fold it all in the basement as it came out of the machine then carry the basket upstairs to be put away. Inevitably, the basket would sit there and people would dig through to find their stuff. Now I bring it up unfolded and sort and fold at the same time. Everyone then has to put their own stuff away. Of course, I often still stick mine in a basket vs putting it away but at least I know it is all mine.
    Last edited by SnuggleBuggles; 06-26-2014 at 03:33 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast