Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thank you!!

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I've been pleasantly surprised by how good the food at DL is! It really seems like they put some effort into the offerings. Even the standard fare like hot dogs - they have "healthier" options like for the kids - turkey dogs with baby carrots and sliced apples.

OP, your own snacks are definitely lifesavers...we often broke them out when the kids started to get hungry and tired as DH and I scoped out what our meal options were, or while waiting in line, etc. And bring tons of bottled water if you're taking a stroller since it will be your sherpa, freeze some of them partway if you can. It's expensive to buy, and you'll need lots. We also kept a roll of paper towels in the stroller and a pack of wipes and a small first aid kit with bandaids/ointment...they came in handy lots of times

Have a fabulous time!!

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    I've been pleasantly surprised by how good the food at DL is! It really seems like they put some effort into the offerings. Even the standard fare like hot dogs - they have "healthier" options like for the kids - turkey dogs with baby carrots and sliced apples.

OP, your own snacks are definitely lifesavers...we often broke them out when the kids started to get hungry and tired as DH and I scoped out what our meal options were, or while waiting in line, etc. And bring tons of bottled water if you're taking a stroller since it will be your sherpa, freeze some of them partway if you can. It's expensive to buy, and you'll need lots. We also kept a roll of paper towels in the stroller and a pack of wipes and a small first aid kit with bandaids/ointment...they came in handy lots of times

Have a fabulous time!!
    A roll of towels is a great idea! I always carry a first aid kit in my diaper bag and stocked up on wipes. Thanks!

azzeps is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Here are a couple of tips, learn from my mistakes.

If you take instant oatmeal cups intending to use the coffee maker for hot water, don't forget the spoons!!!

And if you take moleskin for your blistered feet, don't forget the scissors for cutting it!!!

DD - 3/2008
    DS - 7/2011

We've taken all of those without anyone batting an eye.

If you don't mind water that's dispensed rather than bottled, something to keep in mind is that all food places offer complimentary cups of ice water. If you go to a place where you get your own drinks, you can fill up tall cups (about 20oz?) of ice and water. If you get food at one of the places where someone else collects everything on a tray before giving you the tray, they give you short cups (maybe 10oz?) of ice water. But you can always go back and ask for more!
    Kate, mama to
    2DDs and a DS

We had a fun and successful trip! We walked on most rides that we wanted to do. Disneyland was fairly empty until mid afternoon, and CA was even less crowded. We only had to wait for the Toy Story Mania ride. I was quite surprised. I'm hopeful that next time we go we can do the Cars Racing Ride, but my boys were super content just to talk with Lightning, but that is probably because they don't know the other ride exists! lol

Glad you had a great time!
    --Mimi
    Mom to Lala (2004), Bonus Mom to Big Sis 1 (1991) and Big Sis 2 (1992)
    Grammy to Big Kindy Kid (2011), Big Pre-K Kid (2012),
    Grandbaby Appendage (2014), and New Baby Grandboy (summer 2017)

pharmjenn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    We had a fun and successful trip! We walked on most rides that we wanted to do. Disneyland was fairly empty until mid afternoon, and CA was even less crowded. We only had to wait for the Toy Story Mania ride. I was quite surprised. I'm hopeful that next time we go we can do the Cars Racing Ride, but my boys were super content just to talk with Lightning, but that is probably because they don't know the other ride exists! lol
    I think we were there the same time as you (July 3-6) and we had the same experience. The crowd estimator had the parks at 8+ crowds and I never felt that. All the rides at CA were almost walk on, except Radiator Springs Racers and the Grizzly River Run on July 4th! We were able to do almost every ride we wanted, and most multiple times. We did skip all the rides in Fantasyland, but saw the Princesses in the Royal Hall and around Fantasy Faire. Did not even attempt A&E though! Told DS6 it would take most of the day to see them, and he was content seeing them from afar at the pre-parade float, although they didn't wave at him, so he was sad about that.
    mom to Billy 12/07

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2