Pinky is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Looking for shelf to help organize the floor of my pantry closet

I have a pantry closet in my kitchen with wire shelves that start about 26" off the ground. Somehow despite my best efforts the floor of the pantry becomes a catch-all space and I really need to come up with a way to make that 26" below the wire shelves a more useful space. I've been looking for something that is approximately 45" wide by 26" tall (depth isn't all that important) that I could use for storing random things like extra peanut butter, bulk boxes of goldfish, extra aluminum foil etc. I thought I could use one of those 6-cube wire organizers but they are all just a little bit too tall for this space. Then I tried to find something with only 3 cubes in a single row but had no luck. Does anyone have a suggestion for something I could use?
    DD Spring 2010

Quote Originally Posted by specialp View Post
    How did you find that so quickly? I have been looking all over with no luck! Looks like that would work! Thank you.
    DD Spring 2010

Because I had the same issue. The top shelf of my laundry room left a 26" (or somewhere around that) clearance that was useless with every cube I could find and I really wanted a cube with fabric bins to fit up there. Drove me crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by specialp View Post
    Because I had the same issue. The top shelf of my laundry room left a 26" (or somewhere around that) clearance that was useless with every cube I could find and I really wanted a cube with fabric bins to fit up there. Drove me crazy!
    Well thank you! I think that will work perfectly. Although when I mentioned it to my husband he said why don't we just install another wire shelf down about 12" from the bottom one... I guess that would probably work too. I could keep cubbies/boxes on it etc.
    DD Spring 2010