Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    BayGirl2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We've done both within the last few years and our kids are similar ages. Actually we did DL twice and WDW once, and I'm taking DS to DL again in Sept. (We are in CA and I have an Annual Pass right now so that helps.)

If you don't have a preference I would do Disneyland now and make the most of it. We like to go for a week and spend 4 days in the park and one off day at the pool/resort/downtown Disney. I know that's longer than some but for us its a vacation and we can see everything we want in 4 days without feeling rushed. You can easily add on a day and do something else like the beach or Legoland.

I love WDW but it really did take a lot of planning and I don't know if it was worth that effort for my kids at that age. They had fun but it was a lot for them. We went because I was speaking at a conference so I had a great hotel deal and my expenses covered. We'll probably do WDW again when they are older, but we'll stick to DL for now because its just easier. Doing DL first and really enjoying it, then doing WDW in a few years and really being in awe of all there is there seems like the perfect combination to me. Oh plus, Carsland which for young boys who like the movie (and adults) is just amazing.

ETA: We've gone during the lowest crowd times which have been the week after Labor Day and early Feb. Also the week after Thanksgiving is supposed to be lower and you get the Holiday decorations, although the weather will not be as good. The tradeoff of going in low season is ride closures, which may or may not bother you. The hours will be shorter but again, we go for 4 days and do rope drop to closing so we get plenty in. Room rates are lower too.
    Last edited by BayGirl2; 07-19-2014 at 02:06 AM.
    Amy

DS - June 2009
    DD - September 2011

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thank you for all of the thoughtful replies!! I'm reading through all of them and taking notes to discuss with DH and refer to in our olanning. It sounds like either option could be a lot of fun for these ages.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3