Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: which fitbit?

Thought this was an interesting read about the fitbit. Anyone else have this experience?

http://m.today.com/health/my-fitbit-...ess-1D79911176

Ann

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pennylane View Post
    Thought this was an interesting read about the fitbit. Anyone else have this experience?

Ann

That's very interesting! I just got mine recently, so ask me again in a few weeks .

I will say, I don't really pay attention the calorie settings. I am just aiming to get 10,000 steps each day. I consider my food to be a separate issue.
    Green Tea, mom to three

Quote Originally Posted by Pennylane View Post

Ann

I only use it to monitor steps, stairs, and sleep, but it does not surprise me that the calorie counter is inaccurate. I feel like most activity calorie counters on the machines themselves or on MFP are fairly high and inaccurate. When I am watching calories, it is better for me to have a base daily calorie allotment and then a set extra amount for days where I exercise for 1 hour or more.

If you get steps during the day by pushing a stroller or a shopping cart, I would go with the One. I have had mine for a year. I clip it to my bra and usually have to feel for it to know if it is there. I have sent it through the wash twice and it is still working.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have the Fitbit Flex..have had it for about 2 months. I really like it. DH has had his for over a year. I wear it in my sleep with no problems..doesn't bother me. I didn't want to get the One because I knew I would likely lose it (i know several here have posted about losing theirs).

As GreenTea mentioned, i pay zero attention to the calorie counts and I don't use it to log my food intake at all..I just focus on the steps. For the first month or so i was averaging about 7,000 steps per day - i work full-time at a desk job, and spend at least an hour in the car each day commuting. However after several weeks of it, plus competing with DH and a few coworkers, I was finally able to consistently get around 10,000 each day! And this is without doing any sort of running/jogging or even going for dedicated walks (it is too hot, plus i'd never have time). I am able to just do little things here and there to increase the step count. I am now 5 lbs lower than my pre-kids weight, which says a lot (i really really struggled with losing the baby weight).

I also got the Fitbit Aria scale..DH really wanted to get it as well. I like being able to have a log of weight for every day and track patterns (for me, my weight tends to really track my cycle..it goes up at the same time each month!).

Also, FWIW..DH's bracelet broke after 2 months and Fitbit sent him a replacement free..they seem to have pretty good CS.

ETA: About the stroller thing, I noticed that too..so when i push a stroller or shopping cart, i try to just put it in my pocket or clip the bracelet on a belt loop. I don't push a stroller all than often these days though (maybe once a week at most).
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 07-23-2014 at 09:32 PM.

Thanks all! seems it comes down to a personal preferance of how one wears it; whether it's clipping onto themselves or wear it around wrist. I'm glad i know about the stroller dilemma, because I do push the stroller often on a daily basis. It would render my fitbit useless if it isn't counting my stroller steps and i don't often wear clothes that has pockets either for me to slip my wrist band in.

Then i found out my amex rewards is selling fitbit flex to redeem with my points!!!! but i wish they sell the One as well, because i think i'm leaning towards the one. hmmm, decisions!!!

losing the One if it keeps falling off could be an issue for me though....i'll sleep on it tonight and decide which fitbit to go for.
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Dualvansmommy, which fitbit did you decide on? I've just started looking into these and am interested, but am not sure if the wristband or clip on is better.

Quote Originally Posted by ang79 View Post
    Dualvansmommy, which fitbit did you decide on? I've just started looking into these and am interested, but am not sure if the wristband or clip on is better.
    I decided to go for the flex! Only had it for few days, so far so good! I worried about the One as a clip as I couldn't see it for myself. I'm the klutzy type forever dropping and losing stuff. Only thing with my flex is if I'm pushing a stroller or a cart, I've to remember to put the flex into my pocket otherwise it won't count my steps!
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2