Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Curved pinky toe?

I just noticed that ds1's pinky toes both curve inward and under his 4th toe, and the nail is on the side.

Anyone else experience this? Is It genetic? Caused by poor fitting shoes (he has wide feet, but I buy good quality, wide shoes)?

My mom just went through major foot surgery for hammer toe, so feet are on my mind!
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

logan's mom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have a cousin whose pinky toes curve over her fourth toes....just like my grandfather's toes : )

Next family reunion...make everyone take off their shoes and check their toes

My pinky toes, my mother's pinky toes and the pinky toes of one of my daughters do the same thing. We all have good feet. It must be genetic for us.

Quote Originally Posted by logan's mom View Post
    I have a cousin whose pinky toes curve over her fourth toes....just like my grandfather's toes : )

Next family reunion...make everyone take off their shoes and check their toes
    LOL, we were actually all just together this past week, would have been a good time to do it! I know my sister has toes that lay funny, so maybe that is related.

Quote Originally Posted by katerinasmom View Post
    My pinky toes, my mother's pinky toes and the pinky toes of one of my daughters do the same thing. We all have good feet. It must be genetic for us.
    Cool, sounds like as long as it isn't bothering him, not a huge deal. I will maybe bring it up at his next doctor's appointment (he JUST had his annual) just to be sure, but nothing pressing.

Thanks!!
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

babyonway is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

my toe does that I have never noticed any other family members feet as it has never bothered me. My feet seem to be fine!
    Mama to my sweet lil girl (Summer 2010)

catsnkid is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Genetics.. DS has 3rd or 4th toes that stick up and don't touch the ground. So does EXH, so does EXMIL.
    DS 6/09

All the men on DHs side of the family have this. We call it "The twisty toe" and yes, my boys have it too.

Sent from my iPad
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

I just can't believe i never noticed it until now (he is 5), but I guess i don't spent so much time kissing his toes like when he was a baby Thanks for everyone else chiming in!
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011