Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I recently lost 3-4 lbs after being at the same weight for ~1 year. And i have been eating gluten-free for about 2 years, dairy-free/minimal grains for several months already.

What has helped me is not eating ANYTHING with added sugar. Only sugar is from fruit. It's crazy sounding, but the less sugar I have, the less I crave it and the less junk I want to eat in general, and the less crappier I feel overall (so more able to exercise, etc).

Also, as part of my physical therapy (for whiplash for a car accident), I had to do some exercises with weights...I think that helped increase my metabolism.

And IMO, 10 days of is not that long of a time for weight-loss. For me, it typically takes MONTHS of eating well/exercising to see progress. I lost nearly 40 lbs (all the baby weight and then some) but it literally took me 3 years to do, with lots of plateaus for several months to a year. The upside of this is that it is easier to maintain it and harder to gain it back

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I lost 35 pounds, at age 46, taking garcinia cambogia, it totally helped me curb my appetite, I was able to eat fewer carbs without craving them, I lost the weight over 5 months, just ate a little less and did no exercise. I've maintained the weight loss and still take it as it seems to still help keep me on track . No side effects and it's pretty cheap.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Lower the thermostat overnight. There was a small study recently that suggested sleeping cooler had metabolic gains. It doesn't have to be frigid, just cooler.

Beyond that, keeping your body fueled properly helps a great deal.

You might also want to look into diversifying your exercise plan - just walking may not be enough for the results you're seeking.
    Last edited by lizzywednesday; 08-03-2014 at 09:11 AM.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Weight training. See if you can find a Group Power or Body Pump class. The pace of class gives you some cardio. It's high reps, low(er) weights. I credit it for past weight loss.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBearsMom View Post
    I have doing PiYO for the last 5 weeks and love it. I follow the eating plan and do the workouts. The work outs range from 20 to 45 minutes 6 days a week. So far I've lost over 10lbs (after being stuck on a plateau for 3 months before I started this) and 2" from my waist, 2" from my hips and 2" from my chest plus inches from my thighs and arms. The workouts are low impact but very efficient. I am totally addicted. I would recommend it to anyone looking to lose weight or improve fitness.
    Is there a website or book you like with more info on this?

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    Is there a website or book you like with more info on this?
    It's a program through Beach Body (same company as p90x and Insanity). It is a combo of Pilates and Yoga with strength and cardio training. The eating is all whole foods, a mix of protein, veggies, fruit and small amounts of grains/starches and fats.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    I lost 35 pounds, at age 46, taking garcinia cambogia, it totally helped me curb my appetite, I was able to eat fewer carbs without craving them, I lost the weight over 5 months, just ate a little less and did no exercise. I've maintained the weight loss and still take it as it seems to still help keep me on track . No side effects and it's pretty cheap.

I've toyed with the idea of trying this, but I'm always hesitant to take the popular supplements. Did it really curb your appetite a lot? I need to lose some weight but with all my disc/sciatic/surgery issues, I know all high impact exercising is out and I have no willpower. I'd love to find something that just curbed my appetite. Also, what brand do you use, if you don't mind me asking?
    Christina
    DD 9/04
    DS 7/09

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Indianamom2, yes it really did and it was amazing how good I felt too. I buy the brand Bio Nutrition, I get it locally or online, 60 capsules for 15.99 at my natural grocery store and take 1 capsule about an hour before each meal. No side effects and it really helped with carb and sugar cravings.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    Indianamom2, yes it really did and it was amazing how good I felt too. I buy the brand Bio Nutrition, I get it locally or online, 60 capsules for 15.99 at my natural grocery store and take 1 capsule about an hour before each meal. No side effects and it really helped with carb and sugar cravings.

Thanks so much for replying. I will definitely have to take a look at this after surgery (don't want to start something before that just in case it would somehow interfere).
    Christina
    DD 9/04
    DS 7/09

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBearsMom View Post
    I have doing PiYO for the last 5 weeks and love it. I follow the eating plan and do the workouts. The work outs range from 20 to 45 minutes 6 days a week. So far I've lost over 10lbs (after being stuck on a plateau for 3 months before I started this) and 2" from my waist, 2" from my hips and 2" from my chest plus inches from my thighs and arms. The workouts are low impact but very efficient. I am totally addicted. I would recommend it to anyone looking to lose weight or improve fitness.
    I'm on week 2 of PiYo and I love it! I cannot even explain how sore my muscles have been this past week though. I love Chalene and follow her on FB too. Such a positive, fun person.

DH is on week 3 of Insanity. Yeah. If you want to lose weight fast, jump right into that one. It's CRAZY.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast