Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Wow...I'm greenn with envy...that sounds like an awesome deal!! I'd do out every week if they offered it here.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

Cam&Clay is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by rprav8r View Post
    I do it all the time. Mine (Harris Teeter) also has a $99.95 annual option so I could literally just buy a pack of gum and have it delivered curbside for free.
    I've had my finger on the trigger for this for a while now. I think I will go ahead and sign up when school starts. I'm off in the summers so I don't need it as much right now. Having unlimited would be wonderful for stopping by after work for those few things I need that I forgot on my big order.
    DS1 age 21 years
    DS2 age 11 years

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I wish I had that here! I don't think I'd do it regularly; but to not have to drag a sick child to the store? Oh Yeah! Or Mom's too sick to even walk; Dad - pick up the order! I'd do it in a heartbeat.

For $5, why don't you give it a try and see if you like it? And be sure to update us here!

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Oh I wish they offered an unlimited option! I'd totally do that. The store that has it isn't the one on my way home from work, though, but it's close to Costco so would be easier to combine the two. My goal is to get more organized so I minimize the stopping on the way home from work, since that's already going to be more aggravating with a baby that is waiting to nurse, etc. I do better when I can sit down and go through recipes and make a list rather than running around in the store thinking hmm what do i want?

The problem with threatening DH to do the shopping with the kids is that he would totally take me up on it, buy only fruit and milk, then say it wasn't that bad and why would I complain about it, plus be mad that I criticized the job he did

kboyle is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

a nearby giant eagle market distict offers this for $4.95. i take advantage whenever i need to i LOVE it!
    Kristine, Supermommy to
    Charlie (6/2003), Max (8/2005) & Ernie (5/2007)

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I don't do pick up because if I had the time to actually drive to the store, I would prefer to just go in LOL!!!

But I do the grocery delivery occasionally when DH is out of town. If I pick the 4 hour delivery window (I usually pick 6-10 PM) then the delivery fee is very inexpensive.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Kboyle you must live near me

I told DH the difference between a screaming baby in the car and a screaming baby walking around the store trying to concentrate on getting stuff is huge. First order is free so I'm picking it up at 130 today..

okinawama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JanBaby View Post
    I would do this in a second if they offered it here.
    Yup! $4.95 seems like a total steel to not have to drag my boys into the store and deal with all their shenanigans as I shop. I think I'd also probably save that amount just because I'd really stick to exactly what we needed and not be tempted by any random items that looked good or I was craving.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We just joined Sam's Club and I do like their pick n pull option (order online by x time the night before) so we are going to try that at least once. I don't believe there is a service charge for that either. We still have a Costco membership (executive level), but if the Sam's thing works out then I will downgrade my Costco back to regular status.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2