Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    boogiemom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

[Q UOTE=lil_acorn;4017086]The MALEM alarm. Go to the Butts! Diapers, Potties & More forum for more info. My DS was wet every night and using pull ups until he was 6.75. We used in starting early april and by mid June he was dry and (knock on wood) hasn't had any accidents in a month. It is well worth the $!!! Also eligible for health care/flexible spending acount if you get a doctor's note on medical necessity.

I was amazed but it really worked![/QUOTE]

Ditto. Only wish I had tried it sooner.
    Tani

DS1 - 8/01
    DS2 - 4/05

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We had great success with the Malem alarm too. We got the one that has a vibrate only option as the sound was loud and scary for DS. We used it last summer when DS was almost 7. Ped wasn't concerned yet but DS really wanted to do it especially bc his little sister was dry at night. It took a week and he has been accident free since.

Definitely do it now before school starts. Be prepared for it to take 6 weeks. Be prepared to have sleepless nights for a while. But if you follow the directions & stick with it you will most likely have success.

lil_acorn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Also some advice when you get the malem. We would put underwear on under the pull up. Much less clean up that way but you may go through a bunch of underwear. It is SOOO worth it.

inmypjs is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My 7 year old still wears underjams at night and honestly we don't really worry about it. She does have constipation and takes Mirilax for that. I have read It's No Accident and highly recommend it. She does not have daytime accidents anymore since addressing the constipation. Again I might be alone, but I just don't think it's that big of a deal. She doesn't do sleepovers except with other family, and she does dispose of hers every morning. I have no plans to do an alarm or anything, unless she tells me it is really bothering her.

ZeeBaby is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DD1 was dry from 4-5 overnight and then had a major set back at about 5.5 until just after she turned 6. The dr said we needed to give her body time for her bladder to learn to hold more urine. We still wake her up around 11-11:30 for a final potty and she is able to sleep through the night and wake up in the am and take herself to the bathroom. If we miss the 11pm bathroom usage she has an accident. Her bladder is just not big enough to hold 10-11 hrs of urine. I am ok with that and hopeful in a year her bladder will hold more or she will be more attuned to her body signals to wake up on her own.

I would not stress too much about it though I know it is hard.
    DD1 6/08
    DD2 10/09

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I just wanted to add that we only did the alarm because DS really wanted to. We actually didn't get it till he had been asking for about a year. He now sleeps 10-11 hours and does not go during the night. I thought for sure since he was often soaked in the morning that he needed to go in the middle of the night, but he now goes right before bed then not again till AM. He is 7.75 and we did the alarm a year ago.

Just wanted to ask how old your kids are when you're starting to try methods like the alarm. DS is almost 4, but I can see him taking a lot longer to be dry overnight since DD has been dry for a long time overnight, probably since we was 3 or so.

almostamom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Just wanted to add that my DS was/still is constipated but the alarm still worked. We have had more X-rays and tests than I can recall and nothing worked until the alarm. I was skeptical initially,but I am it's biggest cheerleader now. The fact that my DS no longer feels self conscious about this makes it priceless to me.

Pinky is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

How does the alarm work?
    DD Spring 2010

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

There's a sensor that clips on to the crotch of the underwear. As soon as the sensor gets wet the alarm sounds and you have to physically disable it. It senses a very minute amount of wetness.

DD1 was 5 when we started it just prior to the start of kindergarten.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3