Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Lego Research Institute-- FEMALE SCIENTIST MINIFIGURES!

Hi --
    I'm pretty sure i heard about this lego set on here, so i wanted to give a headsup to anyone who was anticipating it. It's available as of yesterday and I just looked it up online and it's OUT OF STOCK for the next 30 days or so....:

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Research-Institute-21110

you might still be able to get it at a lego store (we got one of the last two in the st. louis area this afternoon.... the sales clerks were giving me props for my fast action! ).....

it's a really cute set-- paleontologist, astronomer, and chemist- adorbs! even a dino skeleton! too much-- i just told my mini lego fanatic that i might be becoming a lego maniac!

hope this heads up helps someone! i wouldn't have even thought about this set except that we were looking at the mall/jungle sets that are coming out and getting excited for the holidays! it's supposedly a "limited" run thing.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Well, I know where I'm going tomorrow, then!
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Drat, I was at a mall with a Lego Store last night. Guess I'll be going back! Thanks for the heads up.

elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I knew I should have ordered it this morning! Looks like I'm going to the mall tomorrow.
    Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?

wifecat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I so want this set. I was going to get it for dd for xmas, but should I be rushing to try and get it now, you think? We have just really gotten into Lego here so I'm not familiar with these limited run things - I was thinking I'd buy it closer to xmas, but I'll hurry if that's a bad idea!
    Mama to miracles, dd (3/09), ds (12/10), dd (8/14)

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I was hoping it'd last at least a week
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

oh wow, this is so awesome!!! I will have to check out our local Lego store. My DC are still rather young for a set like this but I'd love to get it, esp if it's a limited time thing.

bummer that it's sold out online, but I guess that's a good sign, I guess? (that it's more popular than anticipated). So those in toy marketing who are always of the thought that "we don't make toys like this because nobody would be interested" can shut the h*ll up

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Whaaa? Already OOS? I was going to get online to buy it tonight! Waah!

for Sandy Hook

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    oh wow, this is so awesome!!! I will have to check out our local Lego store. My DC are still rather young for a set like this but I'd love to get it, esp if it's a limited time thing.

bummer that it's sold out online, but I guess that's a good sign, I guess? (that it's more popular than anticipated). So those in toy marketing who are always of the thought that "we don't make toys like this because nobody would be interested" can shut the h*ll up
    Yes It's a limited time thing

It doesn't have that much to do with being "more popular than anticipated" Lego Ideas has a VERY small fund and their sets tend to be produced in small quantities. Unless they decide there is enough pent up demand to reorder, (and there is production capacity to do so), they often sell out very rapidly. If you notice the Lego Ideas Exosuit set that came out August 1 is also out of stock. Very typical space set. Lego has put out quite a few lady minifigures, including a recent minifigure scientist in their CMF line. Oh and Olivia's Laboratory in their Friends line (A couple of years back. The new jungle sets coming out have some more Laboratory equipment for her in one set, evidently. Including a microscope!)

With how many Ideas sets have been selling out lately they may need to reconsider how much to produce in an "initial run"

Me? I want the dinosaur skeleton. That's what I'm getting for me. And my son. And the neighbor girl next door. If I can get 3 sets.
    Last edited by vonfirmath; 08-03-2014 at 12:51 AM.
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

i was going to get this online too....but i did craft an outing to nordstrom (so the mall with the lego store), just so i could see some other lego sets, and then happened upon the fact that this set was released at the same time (august 1st)-- otherwise i would have completely missed it! then of course i poked around a bit to see if this set was even available at stores, and read the run was EXTREMELY limited...that's how i even knew to just go ahead and pick it up in store. i had NO IDEA it would be sold out online so fast!

they did mention in the store that you should be able to get it after 30 days...but who knows? i'm not sure if they were just going on online info. can you order it on lego.com even though it's backordered? if so, i would if you wanted it... it's not going to be around long, or closer to the holidays. i hope everyone has luck at their stores!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast