Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

just went to check--
    it does look like you can still add this item to your bag at lego.com and it will ship in 30 days. doesn't help if you were wanting to get it right away, but i don't think all hope is lost if you can't track one down in store

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Seitvonzu View Post
    just went to check--
    it does look like you can still add this item to your bag at lego.com and it will ship in 30 days. doesn't help if you were wanting to get it right away, but i don't think all hope is lost if you can't track one down in store
    Thank you! Just ordered. I am super psyched to get these, especially the paleontologist and dinosaur. Lego.com only lets you order one, darn it! I can wait 30 days, no problem, since I plan on saving these for the holidays. So excited!

BTW, I've been reading comments on a MightyGirl, and was amused that one person pointed out one of the scientists looks an awful lot like Sarah Palin. And the woman scientist whose idea this originally was commented that she wished they weren't wearing makeup, because "it would contaminate the samples." (She's quoted in this Huff Post article which criticizes the narrower waistlines on these scientists - hmm, not something I even noticed.)But I do think that the original women scientists in the Ideas submitted were way cooler! Maybe one day...

Until then, I am glad we have these!

for Sandy Hook

Eagerly waiting for mine to ship in 30 days!

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    And the woman scientist whose idea this originally was commented that she wished they weren't wearing makeup, because "it would contaminate the samples." (She's quoted in this Huff Post article which criticizes the narrower waistlines on these scientists - hmm, not something I even noticed.)
    Now she's just nit-picking. It is for little girls, and they are Legos, how else would they a six year old discern them from male characters? There's a limit amount you can do with a Lego to change its sex. The narrow waistlines comment makes me laugh...is she saying real women scientists are overweight?
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post

Now she's just nit-picking. It is for little girls, and they are Legos, how else would they a six year old discern them from male characters? There's a limit amount you can do with a Lego to change its sex. The narrow waistlines comment makes me laugh...is she saying real women scientists are overweight?
    \Honestly the narrow waistlines thing just makes me roll my eyes. Lego really can't win.

Make all the minifigs unisex so you can decide if they are female or male and people complain they don't put enough girls in their set.

Make them obviously female and people complain its sexist to stereotype females that way.
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

Default Lego Research Institute-- FEMALE SCIENTIST MINIFIGURES!

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post

Actually, in all fairness to her, she has been extremely complimentary about Lego. If you read the article, the only less than rah-rah comment she makes is the one about lipstick, and that is tongue in cheek. The waistlines thing is all HuffPo and made me roll my eyes! Oh brother.

If you click through to the link in my previous post to her website, you can see her prototype scientists - which are way cooler than lego's final product, and don't need any waistlines or makeup to make em recognizable as women! But as I said, until then I'm happy to have these.

for Sandy Hook

elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The lego store I went to today had three sets of Research Institute on the shelves when we walked in and by the time we checked out, there was just one left. We also picked up the last Exosuit at the store. DD made a nice little science museum add-on to her existing Legoland, while DS and I worked on the Exosuit. That one is quite complex with all the little parts for the limbs.
    Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My local LEGO store had them this morning & I was able to buy one, but I did call last night to be sure they'd have them!

DD will be old enough for LEGOs at Christmas, so I intend on giving this set to her to complement the basic box of bricks we'll give her then.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

i'm glad some more people were able to get the sets! this set & the jungle rescue base that DD bought with her own money, put her over 10,000 bricks total. we are "celebrating" by trying to build everything ....despite my ridiculous effort to keep sets together (to the point where i would go get her basic brick sets for "creations" just so she wouldn't pilfer from sets...) and the fact that she is a very careful only child-- it is still a huge undertaking to try to do all the sets (mostly because we can't always find pieces). today we were working 3.5 hours on this project before my mother realized she hadn't seen us all afternoon we then had dinner and came up and worked 2 more hours

at this point i'm wigging out because i can't find all our instructions for some reason and have TONS of extra pieces "hanging out" (which i'm color sorting until i can find their sets). of course, this doesn't mean their still aren't pieces we simply can't find. it's making me a bit crazy. i think i'm officially a lego maniac

Did anyone who ordered the 30-day back ordered set on lego.com get an order confirmation? It's been 24 hours and I haven't received anything yet.

for Sandy Hook

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Just saw this story last night! by coincidence we are going to a mall with a Lego store today, so I'm definitely going to take a look!
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast