Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default good shorts for running?

Any recommendations?? I would like to get back into running but I don't have many shorts that fit which are good for running. Would be open to running skorts too (Athleta seems to have a lot of cute styles), though i've never tried them. It has been almost a decade since I was seriously into a running.

I have tons of Athleta shorts which I like but all of them are more of the type for either yoga or hiking/general activewear than for actual running.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I used to like Umbro shorts for soccer to run in, but then puberty hit & my thighs grew.

I kind of like compression shorts nowadays, though I don't usually run unless DD is bolting.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Nothing special here. Any running shorts from a Target or TJ Maxx work for me. I do have a pair from Target that has a layer of tight shorts that come to mid thigh under the running short. Handy for no chafing, if that's a concern.

gap fit gstride running shorts. Mine look a bit different and I bought last year, but the description reads the same.

I love running in skorts! I have a few from Athleta (no longer available) and a few from Target. Both are great.

okinawama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I much prefer capris for running. No matter which brand, style or length, they always end up bunching in between my crotch and I'm constantly pulling them down or I'm dealing with chafing as pp said.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have a few champion brand mesh shorts I like. I make sure they don't have a separate liner inside as I find that bunches up when the outer layer doesn't
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

lmh2402 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have a few pair from Patagonia that I like - quick dry fabric and they move/dry easily
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

These were my absolute favorite when I was running. No chaffing, sport wick, comfy and looked nice.

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-441...rts-womens.jsp
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

I love Road Runner Sports 5" shorts with a built in liner/underwear. Comfy, they wick moisture and they are not too short.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast