Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by petesgirl View Post
    It seems to me that elderly people are especially good at mommy drive-bys.
    So true!

Sorry sste, it's never fun. I am shocked that you've made it this many years without one though!
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

sste is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks everyone! We did still enjoy the garden and this happened as we were heading out -- that is when my kids seem to break down usually.

I am a little bitter but I think what happens with a lot of the elderly is they know that many people have a "respect your elders" hang up (I do for the most part) and so they know can get away with it!!

Snuggles, I did talk to DS but I am not sure how much I can expect as he is only six and his impulse control is good but not perfect. He was only about twelve steps from her so I am not sure he even perceived it as "leaving" and sort of doesn't get infant care. He saw a butterfly or wasp or something and took off after it. I felt kind of lame asking a six year old to watch an infant.

Let me tell you I am over the moon with our new baby and this is the right family size for us . . . but people rarely talk about this in the "should I have three thread!!" Two hands, three kids.
    ds 2007
    dd 2010
    baby dd 2014

trales is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I got asked by an octogenarian at the family reunion after breastfeeding my 6 month old DD. . . "Wow, do even like doing that so often? Really, it seems like the baby feeds for so long each time that way. I did not want to and let modern science do the work for me, aren't you a chemist, you must understand how great science is. " I smiled, said I did not mind feeding my daughter from the breast, and while I was sure "modern" science is great, I was quite comfortable with my decision to breast feed. The look she gave me was priceless and she want on to talk about how us "modern" women were taking the feminism movement back years by going old fashioned.
    Tracey

DD1 3/07 Itching to take over the universe.
    DD2 1/14 My mellow little snuggler.

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by trales View Post
    I got asked by an octogenarian at the family reunion after breastfeeding my 6 month old DD. . . "Wow, do even like doing that so often? Really, it seems like the baby feeds for so long each time that way. I did not want to and let modern science do the work for me, aren't you a chemist, you must understand how great science is. " I smiled, said I did not mind feeding my daughter from the breast, and while I was sure "modern" science is great, I was quite comfortable with my decision to breast feed. The look she gave me was priceless and she want on to talk about how us "modern" women were taking the feminism movement back years by going old fashioned.
    Nah, you just like to keep the feminine in feminist!
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I got drive-byed at the airport…got off a flight with just turned 3 yo DS and 2 month old DD and both desperately needed diaper changes as I was traveling alone and couldn't do it on the plane. Had to park my double stroller around the corner from the diaper changing station as there was no room. Put DS sitting up on the changing table and went to get DD as I did not feel comfortable leaving her out of my sight, and someone said "oh he is up too high, I'd hate to see him fall, I don't like him sitting up there all alone!" I guess they would have preferred that he be free to run around touch everything in sight in the grody restroom? Or run out in the terminal while I'm changing DD? At 3, he is not stupid and knows not to jump off, and if he did probably would have landed on two feet and kept running as he does when he jumps off the back of my couch!

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

the elderly do often seem to enjoy their 'drive bye's'. I think its b/c they've a) forgotten how difficult it is to raise children b) dont remember how their kids ACTUALLY behaved (vs what they think they remember) and C) feel they've earned the right to say whatever the heck they want to whomever they want.

Sorry that happened. So glad your 3yo was safe.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2