DS has been going to daycare in underwear for about 3-4 months now. He is not potty trained but the daycare is going to move him to preschool in 2 weeks which requires him to do the potty business himself.

We put him in a pull-up at home, if we do not he has a poop accident in 10 mins of getting home. DS also poops 3-4 times a day(just a normal number for him) so it really gets tiring each time cleaning up his accidents even on weekends. We remind him and make him go potty every 2 hours and can avoid pee accidents this way. There is no way to guess when its time for poop, so accidents are unavoidable. He lets us know "I got poo-poo" after he has gone in his underwear. Nothing has swayed him so far and he has never gone on the potty even once at home for poop.

I have no idea if he is just stubborn(DD was) or if he just is not ready. Daycare tells us he is doing better. I don't know what to say, really stumped at this point. So what do I do? I worry the teacher will be annoyed with his accidents in pre-school. How do I figure out if he is not ready or if he is just being stubborn?