DS is going to be a year old in a little over a week. He nurses anywhere from 5-8 times a day - he's super inconsistent, but at a minimum: after waking up, before the morning nap attempt (he doesn't always fall asleep then), before afternoon nap, before dinner, before bed.

I work a couple of evenings a week and part of Saturday. Right now I pump when I get home and DH uses that milk for the next time I'm away. We have a small amount (maybe 6 bottles' worth?) of frozen milk. I loathe pumping. In fact, I should be pumping right now and I'm procrastinating because I really just. don't. want. to. I do manage to pump the 4-5 ounces he takes in one pumping session, though it takes a good 20-25 minutes (whereas he nurses for 5 minutes, maybe 10.)

I intend to keep nursing for a while longer. DDs both weaned around 2.5, and knowing for sure that DS is our last I'm not in a hurry to wean. But I can't remember if I kept pumping when I missed a feeding or when we switched to whole milk for missed feedings. It's been five long years since DD2 was this age and between sleep deprivation and just plain getting older I can't remember at all what we did!

So is it time to start giving him whole milk? Or should I just keep pumping and giving him expressed milk when I'm gone for a while longer? DH is just getting twitchy about there only being a little frozen milk and I think wants a backup plan.

Sarah