Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Anyone happy with new French door fridge?

It seems like all of the reviews online have problems with their French door fridges. It's getting very hard to live without a fridge so I'm trying to narrow down the best ones in hopes of finding a good Labor Day sale. I love the look and space of a French door fridge so any recommendations? I looked through Consumer Reports and they gave LG the best marks and reviewed.com rated them highly too but DH has a co-worker who returned a new LG twice this year so he isn't so sure about that brand.

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I've got my eye on a Samsung, but DH and I cannot agree on counter-depth vs. standard.

I think LG and Samsung were the two we were looking at.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

We have had our Samsung French door for almost 5 yrs now I think (no door ice/ water dispenser though) and have never had a problem at all. I love it!!!
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Our kenmore (smallish space to put it in, so limited in brand choices) has had some PITA issues. Dh did some fixes that were available online that seemed to help. We kept getting water that would freeze on the bottom (freezer) compartment, which is a known issue on several models.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by brittone2 View Post
    Our kenmore (smallish space to put it in, so limited in brand choices) has had some PITA issues. Dh did some fixes that were available online that seemed to help. We kept getting water that would freeze on the bottom (freezer) compartment, which is a known issue on several models.
    We had this same problem in our Kenmore at our old house.

94bruin is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We have a Samsung. I *love* the design of French door refrigerators. We have water that freezes on the bottom of the refrigerator, underneath the bottom drawer. My mom has the same model and she has the same issue.
    DD1 2005
    DD2 2009

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We got the Jenn Air one 1 month ago. Love it so far.

meggie t is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We purchased the Electrolux French door counter depth fridge 1 1/2 years ago. No issues thus far. It and the Maytag (I think) had the largest capacity counter depth at the time. Love ours and would purchase again.

Well, we are currently having a couple of issues with our fridge, but I think at least one of those may be a result of the install (three years ago) and not necessarily the fridge itself. Otherwise I LOVE our fridge. Sometimes I wish we had a counter-depth fridge, but we can fit an extra large pizza box in ours, and that is nice. Plus we have the extra fridge drawer (above the freezer) that is awesome.
    DD 6/06
    DS 4/09
    DS 5/12

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Anyone happy with new French door fridge?

We came this close to buying a smaller scale 23cuft LG French door, but we just couldn't justify the $900 or so more in price just to have a wider shelf space and the same small freezer space we had with our old fridge, but we ultimately decided on a Kenmore no ice/no water in door side by side that fits our space perfectly and we are very happy (and this was my first foray into side by side fridges. I was worried about repairs as well (which is why we also nixed the external ice/water on our fridge).
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 08-19-2014 at 09:52 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast