Default Recommended cribs: good, better, best

We have a new web site for our top picks for cribs:

http://cribs.babybargains.com

Check it out!

Alan & Denise Fields
    authors, BABY BARGAINS

Thumbs up Imperia A1

I came across this posting of best cribs and I must agree that I feel they are spot on.
    After months of searching two years ago my husband and I decided to go with the Pali Imperia crib. Very proud to say that we have not regretted our decision one bit.
    This crib was the final product purchased for our baby's nursery (at the time). We've since purchased other products from Pali including the night stands and double dresser to transition the nursery into a "big kid" room.
    Although, I am confused why you say that the crib doesn't convert into a full size bed because we bought the conversion rails at the time of purchase and in a few months are going to switch it.
    Bottom line: My family to yours, recommend the Imperia crib or any Pali furniture for that matter for sheer quality and structure alone! This stuff is built to last.
    Thanks!

Thanks Jennifer. Appreciate the feedback on that—glad that crib worked for you!

You are right; that Pali crib does convert to a full size bed. That was a mistake in the review; we will update it now!
    Alan & Denise
    authors

TxCat is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We have the Munire Urban crib (non-converting style) and dresser, purchased in 2010. I would probably call it my most disappointing nursery purchase. The espresso finish on both pieces scratched very easily from really minimal use - I'm still not even sure what scratched the dresser drawers; the crib finish was scratched by belt buckles and metal hardware on jeans when leaning over the crib to put the baby down or to pick up. I'm just glad that we didn't get the convertible crib - no way could we use that for years to come.
    DD1 10/2010
    DD2 8/2013
    And expecting DS1 10/2016

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

TxCat, we had the same issue. Munire had to send us a marker to hide all the scratches. We are still using it as a full size bed and it is not too noticeable but it sure is not what we expected for the price. I think Munire filed for bankruptcy. Our Baby's Dream crib was much cheaper and excellent in terms of quality. We are still using it a a full size bed and it is sturdier than the Munire bed. It also has no scratches because the crib had a drop-down gate.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009